share rss forum feed

Symtex

join:2005-04-06
Burnaby, BC
kudos:21
reply to 18286719

Re: [BC] I Want High Speed 25/50

said by 18286719:

if loop bonding were to be extended to lower mainland, is there anyway my area could be put to the front of the list so i know it will be done soon

You will have to be patient a little longer. We upgrade the LB footprint one region at the time. I do not know where Whistler sits in the priority list and I do not have any influence that.
--
I may work for, but do not necessarily represent the views and beliefs of TELUS Communications.

join:2013-02-02
Whistler, BC
dang well i guess i will have to be switching to shaw for now, it sucks but i need to do what it best for my network and i cant keep playing the guesing game with telus, thanks for the answers

Mindman

join:2012-12-10
Merritt, BC
reply to Symtex
hmm by anychance that LB will be extended to merritt BC aswell since were in the lower mainland?

jtl999
CEO of Actiontec Dev Team

join:2012-11-24
In the GVRD
kudos:4
reply to Symtex
PM'd you for info in our area.

Symtex

Burnaby, BC
I think the plan it to offered it to both province where we have an VDSL2 footprint. You just have to be patient. It take baby step.
--
I may work for, but do not necessarily represent the views and beliefs of TELUS Communications.

Mindman

Merritt, BC
reply to 18286719
yeah i know i gotta be patient... just irritates me where all the city's around me have 25mbps+/vdsl2 packages available yet i cant get it even though my city is right smack dab in the middle of all of them -_-

Symtex

Burnaby, BC
said by Mindman:

yeah i know i gotta be patient... just irritates me where all the city's around me have 25mbps+/vdsl2 packages available yet i cant get it even though my city is right smack dab in the middle of all of them -_-

Its not that 25mbps is not available in your city. Is the fact that you are too far from the DSLAM. You would need to be within 0-700m in order to get it.

You live in a beautiful city. I love Merrit. I go there every summer.
--

Mindman

Merritt, BC
Reviews:
·TELUS
True, Is there anyway i can know the area of the CO/DSLAM? i mean i may not move for a while but it would be good to know. but if the area were to be upgraded to VDSL2 i would be able to get atleast 40-50mbps at my length. if i remember correctly. and it is a nice city. the reason i stay here is because of the fishing/hunting/camping. love it. but i would of thought by now since this is a high tourism area it would be upgraded to VDSL2. i know LTE was just recently installed.

Whistler, BC
reply to Symtex
you say " its not that 25 isnt available" this implies high speed 25 is available but the full speeds will not be reached, if this is the case what speeds would be reached at a distance above 700m, say 1000

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC
reply to Mindman
said by Mindman:

True, Is there anyway i can know the area of the CO/DSLAM? i mean i may not move for a while but it would be good to know. but if the area were to be upgraded to VDSL2 i would be able to get atleast 40-50mbps at my length. if i remember correctly.

You're correct, I'm trained at 55~60Mbps with a 1100m loop on a VDSL2 17A profile.
--
The more I C, the less I see.

Mindman

Merritt, BC
Thought so. my loop is currently 1200m so if VDSL2 were to be put in my area id train around the same as you.

Symtex

Burnaby, BC
Not every loop is the same. It not a statuary qualification there is other factor. In case of mindman, it's not possible
--

Mindman

Merritt, BC
so if VDSL2 were to be put in my area i would not be able to train 25mbps+? and any chance you know the location of the dslam/co in my area?

Symtex

Burnaby, BC
said by Mindman:

so if VDSL2 were to be put in my area i would not be able to train 25mbps+? and any chance you know the location of the dslam/co in my area?

You are already on vdsl2. Your local loop is not good enough to sustain higher speed
--

Mindman

Merritt, BC
really? my modem says ADSL2+.

Symtex

Burnaby, BC
The profile is in adsl2+ mode but the card is a vdsl2 k card. I took careful look at your line. I have qualify more people with higher seed than anyone else. I would do you a disfavor if you we're to be upgraded. The service would be worst.

I am sorry that we can not offer you higher speed at this moment.
--

Mindman

Merritt, BC
oh well if i were to move to a different house or wait until more stuff is upgraded in the area. where would the DSLAM/CO be in Merritt? so if i do move i can get closer to it.

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC
reply to Mindman
said by Mindman:

Based on what Symtex is saying, no. Sounds like theres a bridge tap or severe degradation of service on your line. Time to look at Shaw!
--
The more I C, the less I see.

Mindman

Merritt, BC
Yeah cant go with shaw.... shaw in this area blows.... my buddy has it and he gets dc's downtime etc.

Derpy McGoo

@shawcable.net
reply to 18286719
said by 18286719:

TELUS DOES NOT USE A TRUE FIBER OPTIC connection, i figure people on this site would have the common sense to figure that out, but since u guys dont get it i will explain, TELUS IS A DSL SERVICE, pay attention to the equipment they useblah blah blah

Telus does FTTH in some areas, which involves pulling fiber optic cable directly into people's houses. So yeah, you're wrong.

Tornado15550

join:2012-12-16
Canada
Reviews:
·TELUS
reply to 18286719
Telus DOES do FTTH.
I have a fiber optic line coming into my house (also has a warning that goes along with it: "TELUS fiber optic line. Do not touch."), which is connected to the Alcatel-Lucent. An etherenet cable connects the Alcatel-Lucent to the Actiontec V1000H.
So, YES. Telus DOES offer true fiber optics to the home.

Whistler, BC
reply to 18286719

got my shaw today, here are tests from the exact same servers from the same room in my house wired in to the modem, looks like i cut managed to get about 7-9ms faster ping wich is exactly what i was hoping for

Whistler, BC
reply to 18286719
i should have also added i got shaw to give me broadband 50 for 49.99 for 3 months, or else i would have got the broadband 100

Whistler, BC
so now im 100% positive the high speed 50 is available in other areas of whistler wich mean loop bonding IS NOT UNNECESSARY like all the techs said it was, is this because i dont have ftth? and why cant telus put it in ftth for me considering they say they plan on doing it eventually anyway

Whistler, BC
reply to Tornado15550
and no telus does not offer true fiber optics to my home, therefor its false advertising to me, i dont care if its 9/10, if they dont do it to everything its false unclear advertising

Mindman

Merritt, BC
Reviews:
·TELUS
reply to 18286719
they do offer FTTH in certain areas, you can only get 25-50 if you are on VDSL2 and are close to the dslam. my guess is that you are in the same position as me too far away. just because Shaw can offer you 50mbps doesn't mean Telus can. just be patient.

schag001

join:2005-06-20
Coquitlam, BC
reply to 18286719
I believe reading in the fineprint once:
Part of your delivery system will be Fiber or Fiber to the Home.

This just means that somewhere in the delivery system Telus uses Fiber.
So no, you can't call your claim false advertisement.
Optik TV is just a brand name as far as I know. They could have named it XXX TV if they wanted it.

WackyGaru

join:2009-02-10
Grande Prairie, AB
Not to mention Optik is a made up word made to sound like optic in fibre optics. Just like Bell's Fibe service. Oooh ahhh false advertising galore!