uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD
kudos:11

This year Ravens, next year Skins

Whet from a sleighride laugher to a white knuckler but Ravens bring home the bacon.

Where were you when the lights went out?
I was scrambling trying to figure out how to get my Verizon recorder not to record all the stoppage.
I tried pause and the picture froze, but it recorded all the delay anyway, and shut off at the "program's end" so now I am scrambling for a copy to re-watch during the summer....

I say Skins next year because this Ravens team is going to be plucked pretty clean.
Free agent Flacco is going to get maybe 18 million a year, which means money has to come from somewhere and Cary Williams will be unaffordable, Cary will get a hefty payday elsewhere.
Ed Reed is out of a contract and I'm sure the future HOFer wants to be nicely paid.... I'm guessing he is a Flacco signing casulty.
Danell Ellerbe needs to be signed, I'm guessing Brendon Ayanbadejo is gone, as is TE Ed Dickson.
Not only Ray Lewis retiring, I'm guessing Matt Birk (C) is also gone, as is Bryant McKinnie.... Paul Kruger could easily be given an unmatchable payday by another team, so I am figuring him gone also. Ma'ake Kemoeatu is another I'm not sure makes it back.
So the defensive starters we could lose a DT (Maake), DE (Kruger),
LB (Lewis), LB (Ellerbe...$$), CB (Cary W), S (Reed), and I think more like Arthur Jones (fumble recovery).... half the starting D is going to be different next year.

Not a lot better on the O, Boldin could be a salary cap casulty, at least 2 starting OL gone, 2 TE (non-starters)

But I will enjoy the win for a long time.
--
Was a Cruise Fanatic, one cruise on Princess cured me. Bleah

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
kudos:2

I don't care about stats or other considerations. I simply don't give a rat's backside about anything having to do with the AFC...though if Dallas is playing the SB I will root for the AFC team simply to deny them any glory.
--
"Dance like the photo isn't being tagged; love like you've never been unfriended; and tweet like nobody is following."

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to Rxdoxx

Your title threw me (again)
Dang power outages....post Katrina

Most emotional night ev-ah..no matter who one was rooting for
(and yea...my team didn't take it home....but their heart was there)

All I ever ask for (minus squiggles and commentator replays) is a well played and enjoyed game.

We had that
--
~Safe Hex~ Team Discovery ~ Project Hope ~ Like A Hurricane~

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-27
Springfield, VA
reply to Rxdoxx

I was rooting for either / or since I would normally root for the NFC team but the Ravens are close to home sort of. Mostly I was hoping for a good game, which we got. I'm sure you can catch and record most of it on NFL Replay by tomorrow evening.

The curse of success. I don't know how they were under the salary cap but their defense is old and is going to have to be rebuilt. That is a painful process when you lose so many at once but they got their prize - this year.

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
Middle River, MD

LOL, a lot of people have the impression that their defense is old because of Ray (37) and Ed (34).
Kruger and Ellerbe have just played out their rookie contracts.
Upshaw was drafted last year, Mt. Cody the year before....

As of Sept 1 start of last year, the Ravens ranked 20th (Tied) youngest with an average age of 26.4, retiring Matt Birk is 36

In contrast the Redskins are 24th with an average age of 26.53 and they seem young

Ravens played well without Ray while he was out with the torn tricepts, they will sorely miss his passion, and miss Ed's experience but the rebuilding is phantom unless they get gutted of Jones, Ellerbe, Kruger, Williams, Cory Graham who are not old.
--

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-27
Springfield, VA

1 recommendation

I think maybe the gray in Ray's beard was giving everyone the wrong impression.

A friend, who happens to be a major Ravens fan shared this with me. He watched the game in another bar up there and said their celebration was similar.

vimeo.com/58894278

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
Middle River, MD

1 recommendation

Humor from a Bengals board

Long time Ravens janitor Mickey Wilson Sr. released.

"It was a tough thing to do but 45k in cap space is 45k in cap space"

Ozzie Newsome.

Update:

Janitor signed by the browns for 3 years 25 million.

Update**

Bengals pass on ex-Ravens Janitor, citing never having one before, and the fact that the team is used to working in trash.

»boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?p=2832622
--