uniqs
share rss forum feed

robs440
Premium
join:2003-06-26
Orlando, FL

2 recommendations

Superbowl

this isnt a discussion on commericals, but the Chrysler Ad for Ram Trucks used still photography. the whole commercial was awesome i thought, espeically living on a farm as a kid, but i loved the photograhy.

»youtu.be/AMpZ0TGjbWE

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Fabulous ad! Very touching, too. I remember Paul Harvey as well; what a voice and a way of presenting something...including a farmer.

scelli
Native New Yorker
Premium
join:1999-08-07
FLOT/FEBA
kudos:1
said by jaykaykay:

Fabulous ad! Very touching, too. I remember Paul Harvey as well; what a voice and a way of presenting something...including a farmer.

Yup....best one I've seen in ages, although I admittely have watched almost no TV whatsoever for many years.
--
The maximum effective range of an excuse is ZERO meters!

Hawk
Riding Thermals
Premium
join:2003-08-25
The Desert
reply to robs440
+1

robs440
Premium
Orlando, FL
reply to robs440
some of those pictures looked HDR. and the entire Ad could have been done on a windows PC.

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to robs440
It was the most memorable commercial for me, too. I grew up in just such a rural community. The part about the school board meeting reminded me of my Dad and neighbor doing that, and the guys holding township trustee meetings in our kitchen.
--
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

bgraham

join:2001-03-15
Smithtown, NY
said by EGeezer:

It was the most memorable commercial for me, too. I grew up in just such a rural community. The part about the school board meeting reminded me of my Dad and neighbor doing that, and the guys holding township trustee meetings in our kitchen.

If it's not too personal, how long ago was that? That was a time when people ran for local office so that they could do something good for the people. Now it seems, politicians are in it for what they can get out of it.

BTW, I too thought the commercial was great.

scelli
Native New Yorker
Premium
join:1999-08-07
FLOT/FEBA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to EGeezer
said by EGeezer:

I'm a city boy, but have always held farmers in the highest regard. There used to be a show way back in the late 1950's-early 1960's that aired on very early morning TV in NY (like 5am or 6am) called Modern Farmer and always got a kick out of watching it.

Another thing which impressed me about the commercial was it truly was nice to hear the name of God mentioned in a positive way, not in the profane or mocking manner all too prevalent these days in just about every form of "entertainment" (if you wish to call it that) and media. I'm not interested in debating the subject as to whether God actually exists or not here as did that a few weeks ago on another thread and made my point quite clear then as to where I stand on the subject. Just thought I'd mention it as yet another reason for my having personally enjoyed the advertisement.
--
The maximum effective range of an excuse is ZERO meters!

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to bgraham
said by bgraham:

If it's not too personal, how long ago was that? That was a time when people ran for local office so that they could do something good for the people. Now it seems, politicians are in it for what they can get out of it.

BTW, I too thought the commercial was great.

This was in the late '40s and '50s. We were a rural community of small farms and a neighborhood where the church, school, filling station and Grange Hall were social hubs.

Being on the board or a trustee was an honor entrusted to well established citizens, not professional politicians or businessmen looking to bend things their way at the expense of the people they served.

But the interstate came through, put in an interchange and wiped out the filling station, church and Grange hall. It was never the same...
--
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

rcroning
D700 Rocks
Premium
join:2005-05-21
Winnipeg, MB
reply to robs440
Very powerful images. Just reinforces the old adage......"a picture paints a thousand words."

robs440
Premium
Orlando, FL
ditto what i was thinking. reminds me of growing up on the family farm feeding calves, milking cows, cleaning stalls, churning butter, bucking bales, and tending 900 acres of beer barley, corn, alfalfa and 50 apple trees.

robs440
Premium
Orlando, FL
reply to robs440
from automotive news...

The commercial was conceived by Olivier Francois, Chrysler Group advertising chief, who worked closely with CEO Sergio Marchionne during editing, Diaz said. Ram's ad agency is the Richards Group in Dallas.

Ten photojournalists were dispatched around the country to take photos. The photos in the Super Bowl spot were shot in winter. Photographers will shoot more pictures in the spring, summer and fall for a commemorative book to be published later in the year, Diaz said.

Harvey's family wrote a letter of gratitude to Chrysler for honoring the broadcaster. It said in part: "The Harvey family is so grateful to Chrysler for inviting dad back to the microphone."