uniqs

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw

Premium Member

[WIN7] Windows Explorer crashes often

I've had my computer for a few years. Never any issues. Recently, I've started getting "Windows Explorer" crashes. I noticed it only happens when I am searching through Windows Explorer for files or to attach a file to an email or while in Word, attempting to Save As a file. Most times it will crash and then restart and if I try and do the same task I was attempting to do, it will crash again. Sometimes it doesn't crash again.
I've tried everything in this Windows KB article: »support.microsoft.com/kb/2694911
Except for the inplace upgrade. The instructions for inplace upgrade make it seem like it won't delete any of my files. I'm particularly concerned about all of my Word files and a few proprietary backup files I have on my computer. Yes, I could save or back them and do have backups but don't always trust the integrity of the backups.
I have checked my computer for viruses. I have checked the memory check tool and the corrupt file tool. Everything comes back good. I have used Windows computers for a long time. I use Macs at home for quite a few years so I'm not that good at troubleshooting Windows. I'm most concerned here because its a computer that I use for my business.

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire

Cudni

MVM

did you check eventviewer logs for errors, in case it offers more clues?

Cudni