[NFL] The official 2013 NFL offseason discussion thread

The official 2013 NFL offseason discussion thread

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium Member
join:2012-10-18

Blogger

Premium Member

The single biggest interest of the many I have for the off season is where is Alex Smith going to play next year. If he goes to a good team that would be a playoff contender with just the addition of a top flight QB he would fit that missing piece very nicely. He is a very good QB. The Niners would have done just as well and gone at least as far this year if they had stuck with him instead of switching Kaepernick.

If he goes to a real bad team or a team with a poor OL he will stink as would any good QB as they get knocked down or sacked on every play plus only having two seconds to set up and throw.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

1 recommendation

I AM to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
I feel it this year. Dallas COWBOYS!!!!

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
I have a few concerns:

Jets: who will remain with the team? : Tebow, Revis, Cromartie, DeVito, Keller, Greene, etc.
Jets: Is Sanchez going to start playing like an NFL QB again?
Jets: how bad will they suck next season?

Giants: who will remain with the team?: Cruz, Osi, Hixon, Bennett, Beatty, Tynes, Phillips, Andre Brown, Stevie Brown, Blackburn, etc.
Giants: how good will they be next season?

Also, what will a cold weather SuperBowl look like?

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
Not really reported nationally but the Rams won their arbitration case against the Edward Jones Dome. Either the city of St Louis comes up with 700 million in renovations for the dome, or the Rams walk away in 2015. Could mean they'll leave the city, or it could mean there's a new stadium about to be built somewhere else around town.

Badger3k
We Don't Need No Stinkin Badgers
Premium Member
join:2001-09-27
Franklin, OH

Badger3k to Blogger

Premium Member

to Blogger
I wouldn't be surprised to see KC make a play for Smith. Reid needs a QB and he sure doesn't have one with the people he has now.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM to footballdude

Premium Member

to footballdude
L.A. Rams?
I AM

I AM to Badger3k

Premium Member

to Badger3k
said by Badger3k:

I wouldn't be surprised to see KC make a play for Smith. Reid needs a QB and he sure doesn't have one with the people he has now.

Wouldn't that be a weird conversation with Reid and Kolb. "Hey there dude I traded away secretly knowing you sucked and got away with robbery."

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

1 recommendation

rockotman to Rook008

Premium Member

to Rook008
said by Rook008:

I have a few concerns:

Jets: who will remain with the team? : Tebow, Revis, Cromartie, DeVito, Keller, Greene, etc.
Jets: Is Sanchez going to start playing like an NFL QB again?
Jets: how bad will they suck next season?

Giants: who will remain with the team?: Cruz, Osi, Hixon, Bennett, Beatty, Tynes, Phillips, Andre Brown, Stevie Brown, Blackburn, etc.
Giants: how good will they be next season?

Also, what will a cold weather SuperBowl look like?

My biggest concern is this... The Jets and The Giants meet in Superbowl XLVIII in the first cold-weather-city outdoor Superbowl, a Noreaster hits just before game time keeping most from making it to the stadium, no one watches but folks in the New York/New Jersey market, the half-time show featuring Nicki Minoj and the finalists from this year's American Idol draws so much power off of the grid that it causes a black-out that stretches from Nova Scotia to Minnesota, the NFL loses so much money as a result that they become financially crippled and fall prey to the lawyers filing lawsuits as a result of the blackout that the league folds, and Roger Goodell finds a way to blame James Harrison for it all.

That's my biggest concern.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Jets and Giants meet in the Superbowl and the world implodes next year.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
said by I AM:

L.A. Rams?

I don't think any team is moving to LA anytime soon. The group that is building a stadium there is demanding 51% of any team that uses that stadium. I don't see any NFL owner moving there then giving up control of his team.

Fishead1
Premium Member
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
Michael Boley was released from the Giants.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
Rob Ryan to be the Saints new D coordinator: »espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/ ··· -sources
Rook008

Rook008 to Fishead1

Premium Member

to Fishead1
That sucks, but the Giants are $4.7 million over the cap for next year, Boley was going to make over $4 million, and they still have a bunch of free agents to re-sign.

Moorecards
join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV

Moorecards

New York Giants release Ahmad Bradshaw, Chris Canty

»www.nfl.com/news/story/0 ··· is-canty

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

Impossible.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards

Michael Vick 6 yr deal replaced with a 1 yr deal

Michael Vick 6 yr deal replaced with a 1 yr deal for coming season. After 2013 he is free agent and will most likely be gone. It is still possible he could be traded this year as part of NFL draft maneuvers.

»espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/ ··· a-eagles

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

I have the feeling the Eagles will still suck.

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by Rook008:

I have the feeling the Eagles will still suck.

If the Eagles get back to a .500 record this year, Chip Kelly will be hailed as a genius.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

True, but I consider .500 in the NFC East to be sucky.

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium Member
join:2006-03-01
USA

Edge1 to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards

Re: [NFL] The official 2013 NFL offseason discussion thread

Ravens have cap issues along with the prospect of paying a king's ransom for Flacco which, despite recent evidence, seems like too much. In my ideal world the guy would settle for, I don't know, $18.5m/year or something. But whatever I'm sure this will turn into a Flacco bashing thread now so I probably shouldn't have brought it up.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

I don't think any athlete is worth $18 million a year.
Eli's not worth that (in my opinion) and he's won 2 SuperBowls now.

But Flacco did have a great season, after a few very good seasons, so they should pay the guy. Not Brady or Manning money, but they should pay the guy.

rockotman
Premium Member
DSotM

rockotman to Edge1

Premium Member

to Edge1
said by Edge1:

Ravens have cap issues along with the prospect of paying a king's ransom for Flacco which, despite recent evidence, seems like too much. In my ideal world the guy would settle for, I don't know, $18.5m/year or something. But whatever I'm sure this will turn into a Flacco bashing thread now so I probably shouldn't have brought it up.

Please! Get that "everybody hates the Ravens" chip off of your shoulder already, will ya. No one is bashing Flacco. No one hates him except for a few stubborn Ratbird fans that don't realize what they've got.

Repeat after me:

"Everybody doesn't hate Flacco.
Everybody hates Brady.
Everybody doesn't hate Flacco.
Everybody hates Brady.
Everybody doesn't hate Flacco.
Everybody hates Brady."

Now take three deep breaths, relax, and enjoy your Superbowl victory.

'Cause next year, we're taking the division back!!!

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium Member
join:2006-03-01
USA

Edge1

Premium Member

Nope I'm pretty sure everybody hates Joe. Everybody.

But they do hate Brady more!

Yeah, Rook its too much money, and its gonna cost us either Kruger or Ellerbe, or maybe even both unless we can get Khan to cook our books *nods toward Pittsburgh*

I know the Jets are in a bad way cap-wise. Cincy and the Browns though, they've got money to burn.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness

So do the Dolphins.

rockotman
Premium Member
DSotM

rockotman

Premium Member

Rumor has it that Cleveland wants to spend some of the cap-room money to lure Mike Wallace to The Mistake by the Lake.

After his attitude and performance this past year, they are more than welcome to take him.
sailor
Premium Member
join:2003-10-21
Long Island

sailor to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
»sports.yahoo.com/blogs/n ··· nfl.html

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

Man is Yao huge.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to Moorecards

to Moorecards
I'm still surprised the Giants cut Ahmad Bradshaw.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

You're not the only one.
Hopefully they can re-sign him for less money. I'd hate to see him playing for another team, even if it's the Jets.

PFF also has a pretty high opinion of his play: »www.profootballfocus.com ··· g-backs/