But these go to 11.
Premium
join:2006-03-01
USA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Moorecards

Re: [NFL] The official 2013 NFL offseason discussion thread

Ravens have cap issues along with the prospect of paying a king's ransom for Flacco which, despite recent evidence, seems like too much. In my ideal world the guy would settle for, I don't know, $18.5m/year or something. But whatever I'm sure this will turn into a Flacco bashing thread now so I probably shouldn't have brought it up.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

I don't think any athlete is worth $18 million a year.
Eli's not worth that (in my opinion) and he's won 2 SuperBowls now.

But Flacco did have a great season, after a few very good seasons, so they should pay the guy. Not Brady or Manning money, but they should pay the guy.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
reply to Edge1

said by Edge1:

Ravens have cap issues along with the prospect of paying a king's ransom for Flacco which, despite recent evidence, seems like too much. In my ideal world the guy would settle for, I don't know, $18.5m/year or something. But whatever I'm sure this will turn into a Flacco bashing thread now so I probably shouldn't have brought it up.

Please! Get that "everybody hates the Ravens" chip off of your shoulder already, will ya. No one is bashing Flacco. No one hates him except for a few stubborn Ratbird fans that don't realize what they've got.

Repeat after me:

"Everybody doesn't hate Flacco.
Everybody hates Brady.
Everybody doesn't hate Flacco.
Everybody hates Brady.
Everybody doesn't hate Flacco.
Everybody hates Brady."

Now take three deep breaths, relax, and enjoy your Superbowl victory.

'Cause next year, we're taking the division back!!!

--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium
USA
Reviews:
·Comcast

Nope I'm pretty sure everybody hates Joe. Everybody.

But they do hate Brady more!

Yeah, Rook its too much money, and its gonna cost us either Kruger or Ellerbe, or maybe even both unless we can get Khan to cook our books *nods toward Pittsburgh*

I know the Jets are in a bad way cap-wise. Cincy and the Browns though, they've got money to burn.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14

So do the Dolphins.

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM

Rumor has it that Cleveland wants to spend some of the cap-room money to lure Mike Wallace to The Mistake by the Lake.

After his attitude and performance this past year, they are more than welcome to take him.
--

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6
reply to Moorecards

»sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd···nfl.html

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

Man is Yao huge.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing
reply to Moorecards

I'm still surprised the Giants cut Ahmad Bradshaw.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

You're not the only one.
Hopefully they can re-sign him for less money. I'd hate to see him playing for another team, even if it's the Jets.

PFF also has a pretty high opinion of his play: »www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20···g-backs/
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing
reply to Moorecards

One of the things that happens during this part of the offseason is trade and draft rumors. They pick up in pace, and drop in veracity, the closer we get to the NFL draft. Some of it is sportswriter speculation, based on little, which then gets repeated and appears to acquire some legitimacy.

Things like "I think a trade of Tebow to the Cardinals would make sense for this reason" routinely become "I'm hearing reports the Cards are making a play for Tebow", even though the initial report was speculation and was only backed by repetition.

Even more than sportswriter speculation we get fake "interest" stories floated by teams and by player agents. Using Tebow as an example again, if he truly wants out of New York then his agent's likely to float stories of "teams competing for his services" to the press. And if the Jets want to get something in trade for him it makes sense for them to float similar, false, stories to raise his apparent trade value in the eyes of other teams. Most teams and agents do this, and it really picks up pace as the draft gets closer.

It's the NFLBS time of year.
--
here comes leadership

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing
reply to Moorecards

Danica Patrick won the pole position for the Daytona 500. The race itself is this coming weekend. Right on top of things as always, Donovan McNabb congratulates her --- for winning the race.

--
here comes leadership

berserken

join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

Glad to see it. She's always impressed me as being capable, consistently in the top half of the field, often near the front. She's learning the heavier, less responsive car and getting bolder as she does. Driving in traffic is a whole other thing but she's getting there, we'll see.

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6
reply to fatness

Way to go Donovan you dipshit.

Moorecards

join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV
reply to Moorecards

Michael Turner faces release

»espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89739···-sources

Moorecards

Martinsburg, WV

2 edits
reply to sailor

and a race can't end in a tie either ....

Moorecards

Martinsburg, WV
reply to Moorecards

Source: Chiefs to acquire Alex Smith
»espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89950···s-source

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY

Andy Reid does like to throw the ball...

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing
reply to Moorecards

Atlanta released Michael Turner, John Abraham, and Dunta Robinson.

Steven Jackson reportedly will void his contract and become a free agent.

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium
USA
reply to Moorecards

William Gay back to the Steelers. Not a big name or anything, but noteworthy for AFCN fans.

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM

My fondest memory of William Gay is watching him get bowled over by Adrian Peterson during the 2009 Vikings @ Steelers game. It was like watching a tractor trailer run over a squirrel. I had seats at about the 10 yard line on the side of the field where it happened.
--

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium
USA

Well, in his defense, AP makes a lot of guys look silly.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
reply to rockotman

In defense of Mr. Gay I've seen numerous NFL CBs make an instant business decision when faced with taking Peterson head on when he is up to speed.
--
The signal is usually drowned out by the noise.

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to Moorecards

Steelers Release Linebacker James Harrison

»www.steelers.com/news/article-1/···0f351233

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing
reply to Moorecards

Available free agents: »www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000···vailable

rockotman
Emerging Research
DSotM
reply to Moorecards

Alas - Poor Mike Wallace.

Off to seek fame and fortune in land of retired New Yorkers, aka Miami - the place where promising stars go to end up having a mediocre career.

He joins the likes of Kieth Jackson, Brock Marion, Joey Porter, Chad "Noodlearm" Pennington, and Jay Fiedler.
--

join:2013-03-04
North Reading, MA

said by rockotman:

Off to seek fame and fortune in land of retired New Yorkers, aka Miami - the place where promising stars go to end up having a mediocre career.

He joins the likes of Kieth Jackson, Brock Marion, Joey Porter, Chad "Noodlearm" Pennington, and Jay Fiedler.

What about Marino?
--
"Everyone has his day and some days last longer than others." - Winston Churchill

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing
reply to rockotman

said by rockotman:

I don't think I agree with you on that one. Tannehill is young and looks pretty capable, and the Dolphins seems to know their team weaknesses and be addressing them in free agency. They've got a ton of money to spend unlike the Redskins and Stillers this year.
--
here comes leadership

join:2013-03-04
North Reading, MA
reply to Moorecards

The Buc's appear to be doing the same thing as the Fins. They are working to get Revis and Goldson since they have about as much cap space as the Fins.
--
"Everyone has his day and some days last longer than others." - Winston Churchill

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ
reply to Moorecards

Not a bad off season for the Eagles.. Got rid of Reid, Nnamdi, and seemingly DRC. Got some pretty good role playing players. still have 3 positions to fill in the DB positions.. Get a Sean Smith an call it a damn good off season an go into the draft.. The Eagles more than likely won't be anything at least for a year.. So keep it building one year at a time
--
"I done wrassled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale, only Last week I murdered a rock, Injured a stone, hospitalized a brick, I'm so mean I make medicine sick!!"-Ali