captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to Eagles LoveR

Premium Member

to Eagles LoveR
said by Eagles LoveR:

Wes Welker agreed to sign with Broncos. WOW! Thomas, Eric, AND WELKER? Sheesh .

Booooo! Sad to see the Patriots let Welker go, but it's not surprising. They'll just find the next Welker, and move on.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

1 edit

fatness to Moorecards

to Moorecards
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Patriots sign either Amendola or Jennings if their asking prices drop. And really, most of the big money spent on free agent contracts is spent in the first 2-3 days.

Reggie Bush signed with the Lions I believe.

LB Dannell Ellerbe (Ravens) signed with the Rams the Dolphins. The Ravens didn't want to lose him.
fatness

fatness to Moorecards

to Moorecards
In the "we all knew it was coming" department, Ray Lewis signed with ESPN.

That's half their dream team. Now they need to sign Tebow and have Lewis and Tebow jointly host a half hour show every day.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

rockotman to 35245635

Premium Member

to 35245635
said by 35245635:

said by rockotman:

Alas - Poor Mike Wallace.

Off to seek fame and fortune in land of retired New Yorkers, aka Miami - the place where promising stars go to end up having a mediocre career.

He joins the likes of Kieth Jackson, Brock Marion, Joey Porter, Chad "Noodlearm" Pennington, and Jay Fiedler.

What about Marino?

Marino wasn't a free agent. I am only referring to Miami's big free-agent signings in the "free agent era".

Moorecards
join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV

Moorecards to fatness

to fatness
said by fatness:

LB Dannell Ellerbe (Ravens) signed with the Rams. The Ravens didn't want to lose him.

He signed with Miami ...

fatness
subtle

fishing

fatness to Moorecards

to Moorecards
Cardinals release Beanie Wells and sign Rashard Mendenhall. It's hard to imagine any RB gaining yards behind their offensive line.

Welker has officially signed with the Broncos. Imagine if Brady renegotiated his contract with the idea of the money being freed up for the Patriots to sign Welker.

I'm learning new names in free agency. "Gosder Cherilus". He was in Ghostbusters, wasn't he?
fatness

fatness to Moorecards

to Moorecards
Thanks, I fixed it.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to fatness

Premium Member

to fatness
said by fatness:

Cardinals release Beanie Wells and sign Rashard Mendenhall.

Hopefully this ends the running back by committee in Pittsburgh. I'm confident Dwyer can be the number 1 guy and carry the load.

fatness
subtle

fishing

fatness

Either Dwyer or Redman will emerge as "tallest midget" there I guess. Pittsburgh is another offensive line that isn't too easy to run behind. As a Redskin fan for many years I have lots of experience in recognizing bad offensive lines.

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
Amendola signs with Pats...

»sports.yahoo.com/blogs/n ··· nfl.html

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
The Lion got Reggie Bush, Glover Quin and Jason Jones so far They lost Cliff Avril to Seattle (which is going to hurt the defense bad) You think that Seattle defanse was bad ass it betternoe with Avril. They lost Gosder Cherilus to the Colts

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

To me, the big story with Seattle is their signing of Percy Harvin.
35245635 (banned)
join:2013-03-04
North Reading, MA

35245635 (banned) to Moorecards

to Moorecards
Goldson signed with Tampa and it sounds like they are close on Revis.

fatness
subtle

fishing

fatness to shaner

to shaner
said by shaner:

I'd just like to point out that it's only March and already I've been right once this year.
said by fatness:

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Patriots sign either Amendola or Jennings if their asking prices drop.

35245635 (banned)
North Reading, MA

35245635 (banned)

said by fatness:

said by shaner:

I'd just like to point out that it's only March and already I've been right once this year.
said by fatness:

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Patriots sign either Amendola or Jennings if their asking prices drop.

Good job on the call. The only part you didn't get was the asking price as the Pat's over paid for Amendola.

capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

1 recommendation

capecoddah to fatness

to fatness
said by fatness:

said by shaner:

said by fatness:

Broken clock / sundial?

I listened to Boston Sports Radio today (Sundial event) and while there was a lot of Dammitol going on, still a lot of faith in Darth Hoodie.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium Member
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ

Eagles LoveR to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
I LOVE the Eagles signings.. Kenny Phillips & Pat Chung. Both injury prone, I know... BUT! When on the field those two are very good especially Kenny Phillips - easily an upgrade over the safties the Eagles have had since Dawkins left.

Cary Williams - good DB. I'll take it! Not getting paid 15 mill for random WRs to make their name off of him.

Connor Barwin - yet again ANOTHER sign I LOVE! 2 years ago had double digit sacks, last year fell off but switched positions because of Brooks Read going down to injury.

All 8 of the Eagles signings are low risk high reward guys. No big name players like they did in 2011. Potentially 6 new starters brought in for the defensive side, I love it! Now maybe get an OT like Andre Smith or Vollmer then get ready for the draft

capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah to Moorecards

to Moorecards
Oh fer Christ sakes Hoodie!

Chargers sign Danny Woodhead to two-year deal
Free agent running back Danny Woodhead signed a two-year deal with the Chargers on Friday, leaving the Patriots after almost three full seasons in New England. The undersized Woodhead, who carved out a tremendous niche for himself in the Patriots offense, had 250 carries for 1,199 yards and 92 catches for 982 yards in his time in New England.

WTF???

Jesus Christ I hope this works...
JesusChristIhopethisworksJesusChristIhopethisworksJesusChristIhopethisworksJesusCh ristIhopethisworksJesusChristIhopethisworksJesusChristIhopethisworksJesusChristIho pethisworksJesusChristIhopethisworksJesusChristIhopethisworksJesusChristIhopethisw orksJesusChristIhopethisworksJesusChristIhopethisworksJesusChristIhopethisworks...

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

Woodhead should have stayed with the Patriots. No other team is going to figure out a way to use him effectively like the Patriots did.

fatness
subtle

fishing

fatness

Withe Ridley and Vereen doing so well now I guess the Patriots figured Woodhead wasn't needed.

Moorecards
join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV

Moorecards

said by fatness:

Withe Ridley and Vereen doing so well now I guess the Patriots figured Woodhead wasn't needed.

They also signed Leon Washington

fatness
subtle

fishing

fatness to Moorecards

to Moorecards
When the Patriots signed Danny Amendola it looks like they recognized that he gets hurt a lot.
quote:
The deal also includes per-game roster bonuses of $31,250 in each of the five years of the deal. If he plays all 16, he’d make an extra $500,000 per year, for a total of $2.5 million.

The only problem is, Amendola’s played 16 games exactly once in four NFL seasons, and has missed 20 games the last two years, making the full balance of the deal as originally stated hard to imagine.
»profootballtalk.nbcsport ··· healthy/

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium Member
join:2006-03-01
USA

Edge1 to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
Ed Reed to Texans. The dismantling of the defense continues.
35245635 (banned)
North Reading, MA

35245635 (banned) to Moorecards

to Moorecards
What does everyone think about tossing out the Tuck rule and the new T-Rich rule?

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium Member
USA

Edge1

Premium Member

Love the Tuck Rule going away, hate the T-Rich rule. Ironically its been said that T-Rich's hit on the Eagle guy was actually legal under the new rule.

rockotman
Premium Member
DSotM

rockotman to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
The Baltimore Orioles are a bunch 'a jag-offs, n'at.

They refuse to make their game on September 5th into a day game so that the Ravens could host the NFL season opener that night. So now I hear that the Ravens will still play on that Thursday night, but it will be a road game!

What a bunch of baseball pricks! Thursday night season kick-off for the SB winner has become a tradition, and now the Orangebirds are ruining it for the Ratbirds.
lorenzo4
Blah, Blah, Blah
Premium Member
join:2011-05-01

lorenzo4

Premium Member

said by rockotman:

The Baltimore Orioles are a bunch 'a jag-offs, n'at.

They refuse to make their game on September 5th into a day game so that the Ravens could host the NFL season opener that night. So now I hear that the Ravens will still play on that Thursday night, but it will be a road game!

What a bunch of baseball pricks! Thursday night season kick-off for the SB winner has become a tradition, and now the Orangebirds are ruining it for the Ratbirds.

So, if it's raining all day on that Thursday, the O's don't play. The Ravens play on the road. Baltimore City alone stands to lose millions of $$$ That would be ironic! lol

rockotman
Premium Member
DSotM

rockotman

Premium Member

I heard that the Ratbirds even offered to comp the Orioles for any revenue loss due to the game being moved to the afternoon.

It sounds like maybe the Orioles are a little jealous of the Ratbirds' success.

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium Member
USA

1 edit

Edge1

Premium Member

said by rockotman:

I heard that the Ratbirds even offered to comp the Orioles for any revenue loss due to the game being moved to the afternoon.

It sounds like maybe the Orioles are a little jealous of the Ratbirds' success.

Peter Angelos, such a wonderful community citizen.