share rss forum feed

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
kudos:1
reply to podstolom

Re: no prepaid on lte?

said by podstolom:

Because LTE is verizon's PREMIUM network, so they don't want the prepaid demographic on it, since that demographic is often "credit-challenged." This way, their 3G network remains "monetized" (I hate that word) during the transition to LTE, since that network is already paid for and entails less risk by offering it as prepaid.

By 2021 the 3G spectrum is supposed to be refarmed to LTE or whatever else is in place by then.

Too bad the prepaid prices are nearly that of their premium ones..

Seriously, cell companies have just gotten too damn greedy... I'm a step from just saying "screw it" an going back to a plain ol trek phone. If they decide to destroy that to force us to their more profitable plans, I think i'll just go amish on the phone world...

ke4pym
Premium
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·Northland Cable ..
·Time Warner Cable
·ooma
·VOIPO
·Verizon Broadban..
said by decifal:

Seriously, cell companies have just gotten too damn greedy... I'm a step from just saying "screw it" an going back to a plain ol trek phone. If they decide to destroy that to force us to their more profitable plans, I think i'll just go amish on the phone world...

I'm giving this serious consideration as well. I just can't bring myself to pay $199 or $299 for a PHONE. Esp. after the crap I went through with my Thunderbolt and now this almost-as-crappy Razr.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
reply to decifal
said by decifal:

I'm a step from just saying "screw it" an going back to a plain ol trek phone.

Already there. We switched to Straight Talk last year and never looked back. Their ST SIM card is definitely worth it.

tphillips
Premium
join:2009-02-04
Apopka, FL
Ditto here. I moved to Virgin"Sprint" from Sprint and am loving the extra cash. I just could't do it anymore. My bill with my wife and three kids was pushing close to $300 per month. Now its $120 flat.

HotRodFoto
Premium
join:2003-04-19
Denver, CO
Virgin here as well, love it! It's literally 1/3 of what I was paying.
--
Capturing the images of Colorado
»jdebordphoto.com

anon anon

@charter.com
reply to decifal
said by decifal:

Too bad the prepaid prices are nearly that of their premium ones..

Verizon per-paid with 2 GB =$70
Verizon share Everything with 2 GB=$100

This is "almost the same"?

Any no one is forcing anyone to buy cell phone service. If Verizon is too pricy don't get it.