spc
Search similar:

uniqs

LordJezo
join:2003-08-25

LordJezo

Service Electric introduces monthly bandwidth caps

»www.mcall.com/business/m ··· 03.story

Don't listen to that whole "we have always had limits", they haven't. They had some peak hours thing between 5pm and 1m but were unlimited all day long and offered unlimited commercial accounts. Speaking with their techs after getting the notice I was told they are going to be enforcing this starting now and commercial accounts will also be limited.

Now we do and there is no way around it. It sucks but what else am I supposed to go? Have no internet? I am just a slave like everyone else to their ISP, they can do what they want and I am forced to accept it.

This is the future. Restricted internet and high penalties for anyone who dares not use cable tv as their primary form of television entertainment.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by LordJezo:

This is the future. Restricted internet and high penalties for anyone who dares not use cable tv as their primary form of television entertainment.

I won't pay for TV. No to Dish and DirecTV. No to U-verse (AT&T) and Xfinity (Comcast). I see no value in it.

Fortunately, my ISP has no caps.
Couriant
join:2012-10-29
Peoria, AZ

Couriant to LordJezo

to LordJezo

Care to notate pricing with and without CATV added?

As to the limit thing, I have had Cox for 3 years and never thought I had a limit. The limit is dependent of my plan... I have 250GB and if I go over it they will send me a notice... 2 times in a row, I will be disconnected. I almost went over because my wife was downloading via DirecTV on demand.

250GB is enough for most people... any higher probably means you are heavy in video usage... whether it's netflix or other means.