share rss forum feed

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
reply to Mele20

Re: [WIN8] What is this credential?

On a system with very limited software installed, and the mail component of live that entry does exist. If a person does use a live account with the live mail the login is stored here also. I would guess that if the person doesn't use a live account, and just uses the software not connected to a live account it would be safe to delete if it doesn't somehow come back on it's own.

While Win 8 does have components of hyper-v I doubt this has anything to do with hyper-v as this entry has been reported in earlier versions of windows also.
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

I don't use live mail at all. The only Windows live thing I have is Photo Gallery so I think that is what did it. I do have a Microsoft account for many, many years and login for that is to Windows Live. BUT on this Windows 8 computer I did NOT allow Microsoft to con me into creating a Windows Live account as my user account when first setting up everything on this new computer. I ignored that and instead created a LOCAL USER account for Windows 8. So, I will try deleting it and maybe it won't come back.

As for hyper-v....ton of stuff on Win 8 for it. I will try it first before Virtualbox that was a nightmare for me (bad bug when I tried to update Virtualbox during Win 7 beta) when I used it to do the Win 7 public beta. What I am concerned about is which program will properly convert my XP Pro VMWare Workstation 7 virtual machine? I will look at Player again as I haven't in a couple of years but last time I looked at it...it was really restricted compared to Workstation but Workstation is quite expensive so that is why I looked a bit at hyper-v (I have a Vista Ultimate virtual machine created with Microsoft's earlier Virtual PC 2007 software) and did download Virtualbox. Both look complicated to convert a Workstation VM.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson