Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

psychotour

join:2002-06-20
Evansville, IN

1 edit

Ultra TV Issues - Media Gateway Resets in Evansville, IN

The last 2 weeks I've been having issues with my Ultra TV service.

1. At various times throughout the day (most often between 7pm and 10pm Central), I will lose TV and Internet for 1-2 minutes. Both come back up for 5-10 mins. Then it's out again for 1-2 and then comes back and is stable for a while.

2. After the above happens, I will usually not be able to watch VOD and get the error that I am not subscribed to this Channel regardless of whether it is something from a free or premium channel.

I've had a tech out and we got some SNR issues resolved. Prior to the tech visit and following the visit, I have made multiple calls to support. The will "reset" or "reboot" the media gateway, but the issue come back after a short period of time.

Has anyone else had this and/or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

bigsby

join:2012-06-13

Re: Ultra TV Issues in Evansville, IN

I have been having this for a few weeks now in Newburgh. It seems to sometimes kill the gateway for a couple minutes when I wake up my computer which is connected by ethernet cable to the gateway. Doesn't happen everytime or everday though.

AlexE4

join:2006-12-16
Park Ridge, IL
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
reply to psychotour
Sounds exactly like my issue from awhile ago. I never resolved this as I didn't want to go through the process of swapping out my media gateway and losing all my recordings. Take a look at my thread and the suggestions from WOW_Dan. First place to start is in your logs and see if you're experiencing video processor resets.

»UltraTV "Video processor reset detected"

psychotour

Evansville, IN
Click for full size
I looked at that thread and then checked my logs. I am not getting a "Video processor reset detected" error.

I am getting different errors as shown in the attached screenshot.

AlexE4

join:2006-12-16
Park Ridge, IL
What are your signal levels like? (all listed on the status page). T3 timeouts are related to cabling/signal issues a lot of the time.

psychotour

Evansville, IN
Click for full size
This is the screenshot of the Status Page.