kudos:10
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon FiOS
reply to tubbynet

Re: [H/W] nexus 6k released...

said by tubbynet:

said by sk1939:

lack of general knowledge out there of NX-OS for some of the more complex things like dealing with an F2 linecard on a chassis with a Sup 1.

there is a good deal of stuff out there on cco. additionally -- there have been an abundance of slicks produced for live! every year since the nexus line started taking off.
the f2 in sup1 isn't difficult. there are limitations that you need to know about as it pertains to mixing linecards within a given vdc -- but its pretty well documented online.

however -- i've been working with the n7k line for nearly four years now -- so i'm pretty used to moving around the chassis.

regards,
q.

Yeah, there are some stupid quirks I found, some obvious ones like F1 and M1 have to be in different VDCs, and less obvious ones (and rather annoying frankly) FCoE on the F2 card seems to require a Sup2, and some are saying licensing as well.

I admit I have never been to Cisco Live!, but I'll take a look and see on CCO. You've been at it longer than I have, I'm coming up on a year and a half from even hearing about Nexus (hands on for about 8 mos).