Union, NJ
kudos:9

1 recommendation

reply to cwpc

Re: D3 eMTA for new speed increase?

said by cwpc:

I got the same email and i have the arris TM602G EMTA

I would assume the same applies to me

If you have Blast 50 Mbps or faster then yes it is necessary. It's a good idea to use a DOCSIS 3 capable modem regardless.

cwpc

join:2003-04-13
Crum Lynne, PA
reply to CH101

I got the same email and i have the arris TM602G EMTA

I would assume the same applies to me

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to CH101

The Thompson eMTA can handle that speed, however, a D3 eMTA would give you more consistent results due to channel bonding.

At this point in time it would make sense for you to have them upgrade your eMTA. Keep in mind that sometimes it really is who you talk to, so if you don't get the right response on your first call, keep at them and you should be able to replace that Thompson eMTA.
--
Deeds, not words

CH101

join:2010-04-28
Cherry Hill, NJ
reply to gar187er

said by gar187er:

did you click where it says "click here"?

Yes, it takes me to this page here: »mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to CH101

did you click where it says "click here"?
--
I'm better than you!

CH101

Cherry Hill, NJ
reply to andyross

Thanks so it looks like I should probably upgrade. I would assume I can just go swap it out at the local office, without calling before hand since I got the email?

CH101

Cherry Hill, NJ
reply to jlivingood

I lease my device. The email didn't have a link to get a new one, but it had a link to check if my current one is D3 compatible. I received an email pretty much identical to this screen capture posted in the other thread:

»/r0/download/2···20PM.png

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to CH101

A D2 modem can (theoretically) reach 38 down, but D3's bonding will make it more consistent. If more then 2 or 3 users on your node start downloading on that channel, your speeds will drop sharply.

jlivingood
Premium,VIP
join:2007-10-28
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:2
reply to CH101

Do you lease or own the device? If leased did you get a website URL to go to in order to get a new D3 device? You will need a D3 device to get the higher speeds or we'd not have sent the email.
--
JL
Comcast

CH101

Cherry Hill, NJ

I have a Thomson DHG536 eMTA and subscribe to Triple Play with Performance internet. I am in the Cherry Hill, NJ area and I got an email last week from Comcast saying they have increased speeds in my area for my package. The email mentions that I need a D3 modem to take advantage of the speeds. (EDIT: I got the same email described in this thread: »[Speed] Speed increase. Powerboost gone?.)

As far as I know, the Thomson DH6536 eMTA is not a D3 modem, although I am receiving the updated speeds Comcast claims according to Speedtest.net for some reason. What D3 eMTAs are available in my area, and will I actually get higher speeds than what I am getting now with my Thomson? I guess I am also a bit hesitant to switch anything out, because I haven't had any major problems with phone or internet with my current setup.