how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RockAuto Suc

join:2013-02-04

*** Do Not Buy From This Company! ***

That's "RockAuto Sucks"!

I wanted to respond to "Tom" who calims to be a family member of RockAuto.

This company sent me the wrong part but hides behind a concept that your order could be an either or shipment.

I want my shipping cost returned. It's not like I made a purchase and then changed my mind. The website is purposely misleading.

Who in the hell does business like this?

I want my costs back and will get them.

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west

I do never had a problem.
--
Caddy

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to RockAuto Suc

Ive been using Rock Auto for years and have never had a single problem
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

1 edit
reply to RockAuto Suc

said by RockAuto Suc:

That's "RockAuto Sucks"!

I wanted to respond to "Tom" who calims to be a family member of RockAuto.

This company sent me the wrong part but hides behind a concept that your order could be an either or shipment.

I want my shipping cost returned. It's not like I made a purchase and then changed my mind. The website is purposely misleading.

Who in the hell does business like this?

I want my costs back and will get them.

You are not clear, what was wrong? Did you select the wrong part/wrong vehicle? I've seen people order parts and they did not know the vehicle they were working on is not the Year or even the Model they think it is. I've been buying from them for almost 5 Years and 50+ Orders with zero wrong parts. That is over 7 different vehicles so something isn't right if claim you have a "either or" shipment as I've not heard that one before.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

cahiatt
Premium
join:2001-03-21
Smyrna, GA

I've bought a bunch of stuff from them too. Never an issue. Not to say that everyone is 100% satisfied and I expect shit happens sometimes but the OP isn't communicating the issue clearly.

I'm guessing if his order or communication with Rock Auto was placed with the same clarity I would expect there to be a problem.

Phoneman63

join:2001-02-22
Hauppauge, NY
reply to RockAuto Suc

The subject line should read *** Only Buy From Rock Auto! ***
--
"Leave the gun, take the cannoli"

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Optimum Online
·ooma
·DIRECTV

said by Phoneman63:

The subject line should read *** Only Buy From Rock Auto! ***

+1
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-23
there
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Cogeco Cable
reply to RockAuto Suc

Rock auto sent me a mis-packaged gas tank; they took it back and sent me a replacement on their dime.

Rockauto handled it well. Fedex gave me grief.

Got the replacement tank, installed it and discovered that it had been misbuilt. It leaked. Aftermarket junk. My bad for going cheap. I should have filed an NHTSA complaint, but I didn't have the time.
--
The talented hawk speaks French.

TheTechGuru

join:2004-03-25
TEXAS
reply to RockAuto Suc

I've bought over $4000 worth of stuff from RA over the years, there have been incorrect parts due to bad information provided to RA from the parts manufacture.
--
CompTIA Network+ Certified

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth
reply to Doctor Olds

i've never heard of em'...............but thanks 2this thread......i'll be sure 2check em' and use them in the future.....thanks

Vamp
5c077
Premium
join:2003-01-28
MD
reply to RockAuto Suc

Never had a problem and always been impressed by how fast they process and ship my stuff.
--
75/35 FIOS || MSN Msgr: scott001^gmail_com

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to RockAuto Suc

Their commercial is silly.

So instead of getting a friend to drive you to the parts store to get a part their commercial wants you to go to the computer and order it and then wait on the UPS/Fedex guy for a few days.

Just silly, sure if you know ahead of time a part that you will need but that's not the situation of their commercial.
--
»Death Star Petition

Expand your moderator at work

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to DarkLogix

Re: *** Do Not Buy From This Company! ***

They rip people off on the shipping as well It's cheaper on shipping to do several orders instead of one order. They will try and steal extra money out of your pocket on one order. Never bought anything from them because of having to do multiple orders to save a few $$ on shipping cost.

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

I'd love to see a screen capture showing what you are talking about.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by Doctor Olds:

I'd love to see a screen capture showing what you are talking about.

seem they may have corrected the issue since I can no longer reproduce it.
--
Well, does your car at least turn into something else? Sometimes I turn it into a trashcan. Hmm...

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to RockAuto Suc

OK, the guy registered here on BBR, posted one time - this topic - the same day he registered, and has never come back.

So much for his credibility.
--
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
reply to Anonymous_

said by Anonymous_:

They rip people off on the shipping as well It's cheaper on shipping to do several orders instead of one order. They will try and steal extra money out of your pocket on one order. Never bought anything from them because of having to do multiple orders to save a few $$ on shipping cost.

The shipping for different warehouses is what had me cutting back.. I followed a tip by doctor olds and I copy the part number down and check on Amazon first.
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

3 edits
reply to RockAuto Suc

I had the same problem as you several years ago.
I agree do not buy from rock auto.

I bought brake pads that had a part number like gp and they sent me pg. I checked my order and the packing slip and they clearly made the mistake not me. They just never sent me what I ordered.
It took 3 weeks to get the parts in the 1st place and I was planning on doing some traveling.
I asked them to send me the correct parts and to overnight it as I did not want to wait 3 more weeks.

They 1st wanted me to pay the return shipping, then they wanted to ship with their same 3 week shipping instead of expediting their mistake.

I eventually did a chargeback to get my money back.
Rock Auto is a horrible company.

I had to talk to several different people on the phone and they were all rude about it and they did not care that they screwed up, they just wanted me to have to bear the costs and time.

After I did the chargeback another person called me up from them begging that I reverse the chargeback and they would fix everything and I would not have to pay the return shipping.
This was before there were even Rock Auto commercials on TV and they just seemed like a scammy, did not care if they sent you wrong parts, kind of company.
I will never buy from them again.
I also suggest no one else does and at least price match what they have as you will probably find other sites or ebay with the same parts for equal or cheaper.

A coworker recently wanted to replace his GMC engine mounts. He had a price from Rock Auto and asked me if I could help him.
I think looked and we found a store in LA selling through ebay that was $15 cheaper when you counted the shipping for the exact same part. The mounts were over $100 all together.
Those mounts were delivered in 3 days by USPS, it worked out well for him. If he went rock auto it could have been 3 weeks.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

said by r81984:

I bought brake pads that had a part number like gp and they sent me pg. I checked my order and the packing slip and they clearly made the mistake not me. They just never sent me what I ordered.
It took 3 weeks to get the parts in the 1st place and I was planning on doing some traveling.
I asked them to send me the correct parts and to overnight it as I did not want to wait 3 more weeks.

[snip]

A coworker recently wanted to replace his GMC engine mounts. He had a price from Rock Auto and asked me if I could help him.
I think looked and we found a store in LA selling through ebay that was $15 cheaper when you counted the shipping for the exact same part. The mounts were over $100 all together.
Those mounts were delivered in 3 days by USPS, it worked out well for him. If he went rock auto it could have been 3 weeks.

3 Weeks?? On two unrelated orders that were Years apart? Do you have the Invoice numbers/Order numbers as I'm sure you wouldn't mind RA pulling their records for these transactions.

I just ordered brakes for the rear of a 1992 Honda Civic LX and it took 2 Days to get the parts here shipping UPS Ground. I don't see a "wait 3 weeks and then ship" option on their web site so something isn't quite right.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to r81984

I did not know rock Auto had tv commercials.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to Doctor Olds

What stuff do they use UPS for? Almost everything I got from them was shipped vis fedEx or USPS.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to Subaru

said by Subaru:

I did not know rock Auto had tv commercials.

Yep I see them on Spike TV's Powerblock, Velocity's car fix and all girls garage, and sometimes on speed's gears.
--
»www.change.org/petitions/create-···imcity-4

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30
reply to Subaru

said by Subaru:

What stuff do they use UPS for? Almost everything I got from them was shipped vis fedEx or USPS.

Yes you are right, I looked at the wrong boxes (had orders from other vendors arrive all in one day) and my last RA order was Fed-ex Ground shipped.
--

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

Yeah I know they say on the site it can ship UPS or fedEx but in my 40 times ordering I've never seen them use UPS.

TheTechGuru

TEXAS
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
·WesTex Connect

said by Subaru:

Yeah I know they say on the site it can ship UPS or fedEx but in my 40 times ordering I've never seen them use UPS.

That's a good thing too. UPS don't deliver on Saturday's, FedEx does. In my area at least.
--

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44
reply to Doctor Olds

said by Doctor Olds:

said by r81984:

[snip]

3 Weeks?? On two unrelated orders that were Years apart? Do you have the Invoice numbers/Order numbers as I'm sure you wouldn't mind RA pulling their records for these transactions.

I just ordered brakes for the rear of a 1992 Honda Civic LX and it took 2 Days to get the parts here shipping UPS Ground. I don't see a "wait 3 weeks and then ship" option on their web site so something isn't quite right.

No I would not mind giving them the order number, but they already have it.
And if they are as good as you say they are then they would easily be able to find the only chargeback transaction they have ever had, right?

I dont think you realize this, but your posts makes it seem like you work for them or know someone that does.
I am just telling what happened with my only dealings with the company, and it was the worst company I have ever had to deal with based on how they treated me with their screw up.
The people on the phone were complete jerks even when I am polite just trying to explain the problem.
They refused to fix their mistake at their expense.

Only after a chargeback did someone at rock auto want to help me, but only if I reversed it.
It is a scummy company.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to TheTechGuru

said by TheTechGuru:

said by Subaru:

That's a good thing too. UPS don't deliver on Saturday's, FedEx does. In my area at least.

We deliver on Saturday but the shipper has to have that option
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

Anonuser

join:2003-01-03
Milwaukee, WI
reply to RockAuto Suc

My shop has ordered from Rock Auto 3 times. 2 times, completely wrong part, Third time, right part, was supposed to be new, received what looked like a old core return???

TheTechGuru

TEXAS
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
·WesTex Connect

said by Anonuser:

My shop has ordered from Rock Auto 3 times. 2 times, completely wrong part, Third time, right part, was supposed to be new, received what looked like a old core return???

Sounds like someone scammed them by returning their old part as a return for refund and not a core return and RA didn't actually look in the box before putting it back on the shelf.
--