spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bill157

@umn.edu

[CenturyTel] Intermittent loss of DSL connection with GT-701-wg

We are now having to cycle power on our modem pretty frequently. The wireless connections to the devices stays on, but webpages just time out, and when we check, the INTERNET light on the modem is out. This happened a lot several years ago, but I upgraded the firmware, and it worked fine for a long time. My wife has gone all Apple on me, acquiring a Macbook, I-pad, and I-touch. I have a Dell laptop and a Kindle. Now the problem is back and we frequently have to cycle power in the morning to get back online.

Our service is a legacy slow 1.5 m bit/sec connection speed that I don't think they even offer anymore. Any suggestions before I check with C-Link?

bill 157

@umn.edu

Re: [CenturyTel] Intermittent loss of DSL connection with GT-701

Sorry, I meant to mention that the wife was just in India for 3+ weeks, and it never happened while she was gone. I had to cycle power right after she left then it was fine till she got back.

To many wireless client devices? Something evil about Apple products(my favorite)?

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:4

I think we have a winner!

Windows 98, 98SE, Me, 2000, XP and Vista

»www.actiontec.com/support/produc···p?pid=71
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

bill157

@umn.edu

said by Irish Shark:

I think we have a winner!

Sorry Irish, can you at least spell out what you mean by that? I already know where the support pages are.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:4

OS X (or related items) is not playing nicely with the Windows software.

Your comment that it worked just dandy when she was in India was the clue.

This might be the issue. If she is using Safari or Firefox, Java must be enabled. Apple is blocking Java on the browsers. She can use Java 7 Update 11.

If that does not do it, a couple of years back there was a problem with that gateway and OS X on Quest. They came out with a patch to fix it.

If those come up dry, you will need to contact CL or Actiontec to see if there is a fix.

--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to bill157

Hi,

Our team is happy to help with your DSL problems if you send us your account information TalkToUs@Centurylink.com

Thanks,

Corey Tidwell
Centurylink Help Team
TalkToUs@Cetnruylink.com