spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dirt_diver

join:2012-12-21
Louisville, KY

[Asterisk] Best Hosted Asterisk Provider for Large Business?

Looking for a business grade hosted PBX, running Asterisk, with API access so our programmer can integrate. I know there are a ton of providers, but trying to get some first hand opinions. Thanks.

w1ve
Premium
join:2007-12-28
Hancock, NH
If you are going to maintain it, www.rentpbx.com. Very inexpensive, rock rock solid. Lots of PAPs. I've been with them a year and it's been 5 9s reliability.

If you want a totally managed product, they are not for you.
--
VoIP Geek/Customer of voip.ms, vitelity, flowroute, callcentric, localphone, didforsale, voicemeup among others/Asterisk-PIAF user/FreeSwitch app developer/Consulting

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California
kudos:2
said by w1ve:

If you are going to maintain it, www.rentpbx.com. Very inexpensive, rock rock solid. Lots of PAPs. I've been with them a year and it's been 5 9s reliability.

If you want a totally managed product, they are not for you.

I don't know if the Rent PX coupon is still valid (from Running PBX in a Flash as a Virtual Machine):
quote:
RentPBX with servers available throughout the United States and Europe. Your first hosted server is available for only $15 a month using coupon code: PIAF2012

marksat

join:2013-02-13
Miami, FL
reply to w1ve
For a "large" business, why wouldn't the fellow host his own PBX? I suspect a "large" business would have someone who could at least learn Asterisk, no?

w1ve
Premium
join:2007-12-28
Hancock, NH
said by marksat:

For a "large" business, why wouldn't the fellow host his own PBX? I suspect a "large" business would have someone who could at least learn Asterisk, no?

Because OP asked about HOSTED. There is no reason you cannot have a very large hosted PBX. It is done all the time.

PIAF $15 or $19 a month offer still valid as fas as I know.
--
VoIP Geek/Customer of voip.ms, vitelity, flowroute, callcentric, localphone, didforsale, voicemeup among others/Asterisk-PIAF user/FreeSwitch app developer/Consulting

dirt_diver

join:2012-12-21
Louisville, KY
reply to dirt_diver
Thanks all for the info. I would do it myself if I didnt have so many irons in the fire. Im pretty green on Linux and even more so with Asterisk, so not real keen on deploying multiple servers for a 24/7 company that needs 5 9's uptime not having much experience with the platform. Our app developer has some integration he can do with the Asterisk API so that's why im leaning that route. Ill check into rentpbx. Sounds promising.