uniqs
share rss forum feed

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
reply to jaberi

Re: Family of smokers very expensive for Sunwing flight

On top of fines and flight bans they should be forced to successfully complete a smoking cessation and report to a parole officer for next two years to monitor.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5

1 recommendation

said by koira:

On top of fines and flight bans they should be forced to successfully complete a smoking cessation and report to a parole officer for next two years to monitor.

Your not going far enough. I think they should be forced to answer the question of if they will plan on smoking in the car when their 20 years son/daughter is in the car (and the 20 year old as well). If the lie detector confirms they will, then the 20 year old is sterilized. Damn our Charter, not allowed to be proactive on anything.
--
Ain't nuthin but the blues! "Albert Collins".
Leave your troubles at the door! "Pepe Peregil" De Sevilla. Just Don't Wifi without WPA, "Yul Brenner"

LlamaWorks Equipment

Anyone

@onavo.com
reply to koira

My question is, how are going to get back to Halifax now that no other airline would be willing to fly them !! Are they going to have to take a boat ? ... Preferably during storm season.

ArthurS
Watch Those Blinking Lights
Premium
join:2000-10-28
Hamilton, ON

1 edit

said by Anyone :

My question is, how are going to get back to Halifax now that no other airline would be willing to fly them !! Are they going to have to take a boat ? ... Preferably during storm season.

I'm sure they'll find an airline to fly them back, at their expense, but it certainly will not be Sunwing. The bigger problem for them is the legal issues of being allowed off the island due to the charges against them. They may have to post a large bail to ensure they will come back to face the court, otherwise they are on the island for an *extended* "vacation."

This can prove to be *very* costly...legal fees to hire lawyers, court costs, unplanned last minute one-way airfare back home, accommodations while they are forced to stay in Bermuda, accommodations they lost at their original destination, possible loss of job back home due to extended absence, a likely lawsuit by Sunwing for the unplanned stop (which could be tens of thousands of dollars alone), class action suit brought by fellow passengers for the lost holiday, and on and on. All because they couldn't wait to smoke until they arrived at their destination, and their lack of cooperation when they got caught. Twits.

Edit: Looks like the court was pretty lenient on them. However their troubles have just begun with a planned lawsuit against them:
»www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot···urt.html