spc
Search similar:

uniqs

machpost
join:2002-01-11
Washington, DC

machpost

[CATV] 2013 RCN2GO TV Anywhere?

This mention of RCN2GO was included in the rate increase letter a few months ago:
quote:
In 2013 we will expand RCN2GO - the ability to access your RCN TV programming anywhere you have Internet
access -- you’ll have more shows and programs in addition to the already launched HBO Go and Max Go services.
Can anyone possibly shed some light on what sort of features we'll be seeing, or how this will work/what platform it will be built on?

Will this include WatchESPN and forthcoming Fox Sports GO access?
machpost

machpost

I just came across a press release from last May stating that RCN would be partnering with TiVo and thePlatform for their TV Everywhere solution, and that they would begin rolling it out in stages, beginning later in 2012. It's almost Q2 2013 now. Is this still on track? Can anyone from RCN chime in?

shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium Member
join:2009-03-02
Bath, PA

shadyman777

Premium Member

I would like an update on this as well. I hope this wasn't dropped for the stream. I'd really like to watch my DVR content when I travel. It'd stop me from torrenting the show for my travels.

machpost
Washington, DC

machpost

Here's a video from last summer, which offers a little bit of insight on how the RCN TV Everywhere platform should take shape, if it's still happening: »blip.tv/viodi/marty-robe ··· -6194130

Pacomartin
join:2013-03-18
Bethlehem, PA

Pacomartin

Last year I purchased a Mygica USB QAM HDTV Tuner, Clear QAM and ATSC with Bonus Antenna by Geniatech to watch TV on my computer. At the time it promised HDTV ATSC (using Clear QAM).

It never worked very well, and it broke within 60 days so I returned it.

With the recent announcement that "Terrestial Broadcast" channels would be scrambled, I was wondering if anyone had some luck in using the signal from the setup box.

Now it seems as if maybe RCNtoGo should be a better solution.
I hope someone responds to this thread.
mrmic
join:2010-01-31
Clifton Heights, PA

mrmic to machpost

to machpost
RCN2GO Would be a nice addition to the service
would love to see it

Pacomartin
Bethlehem, PA

3 edits

Pacomartin

RCN2GO would be great, but I would settle for VOD being offered on the computer.

I assume something happened that they didn't start the RCN2GO last year. I wonder if the problem was technical, political or financial (or some of all three).

»TiVo and thePlatform Tapped by RCN for TV Everywhere Solution

RCN’s TV Everywhere portal will be deployed in phases beginning later this year.
Dawk2013
join:2013-02-07
Easton, PA

Dawk2013 to machpost

to machpost
seems to me this is would have been a free service(being mentioned in the same breath as HBO and CINEMAX GO), that would interfere wit the PAY service , the Tivo stream.

machpost
Washington, DC

machpost

The total silence on this issue has me worried. Our friends at RCN are normally pretty eager to hint at big developments like this.

shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium Member
join:2009-03-02
Bath, PA

shadyman777

Premium Member

said by machpost:

The total silence on this issue has me worried. Our friends at RCN are normally pretty eager to hint at big developments like this.

I am thinking the same thing. Although, there are times where they're busy and working on what we're eager about they don't have much time to update us. Time will tell, perhaps there was an issue they're trying to figure out. Either way, this would be a MAJOR perk to getting the whole home package.
FitChicago
join:2010-12-31
Chicago, IL

FitChicago

When RCN2Go was discussed a few months ago, I thought it would be a great way the company could differentiate itself from the competition and demonstrate themselves to be a forward-thinking, customer-focused company.

It is never good when Cablevision beats you to the punch:
Cablevision’s Optimum for iPad App Starts Rolling Out Live TV Anywhere Update
»www.ubergizmo.com/2013/0 ··· -update/

I was really disappointed in RCN's handling of the NCAA Basketball Tournament.

I am really disappointed that for two years we've been lobbying for the ESPN App and access to Live programming on the CNN app.

I am really disappointed that other companies customers get extended premium previews such as Verizon FIOS customers get a 4-month free preview of HBO and we RCN customers are lucky to get a 24 hour preview.

I am disappointed that in every area but customer service (which has been great, one of the best I deal with), RCN seems to be slipping and our voice here as a customer group seems to be consistently met with deaf ears by people above the pay-grade of Jason and the other RCN folks in this forums (the RCN folks in this forum are absolutely wonderful and that must be noted).

Pacomartin
Bethlehem, PA

Pacomartin to machpost

to machpost
said by machpost:

I did talk to someone at tech support who was more knowledgeable than most technicians. He said that he was under the impression that they would come out with products for Apple, Android, and the other phones and tablets before releasing a product for general computers.

machpost
Washington, DC

machpost

Check this out!!! »www.zatznotfunny.com/201 ··· oadband/