All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

KPaul
join:2007-02-08

KPaul

[Cable] London and torrents after the router failure

Wondering if anyone from London has been having trouble getting anything by torrents, legit or not, since they had that router failure? I'm currently unable to get anything above 2-3kb/s down or up regardless of what client I try. Is it possible that a throttle has been enabled or something?

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

I can max out my download with torrents just fine at the moment.

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith to KPaul

Premium Member

to KPaul
KPaul,

If this issue is still ongoing can you please post your account info in the direct forum here: »/forum ··· avdirect so we can look into this further for you?

Also do you notice a decrease in service for anything else or only for torrents?

Thank you,
Keith
Scycotic
join:2012-12-10

Scycotic to KPaul

to KPaul
No issues here.

KPaul

KPaul

Sorry, just wanted to post an update, tried modem to comp, modem to router to comp, flashed the modem, updated the torrent software, still nothing. I am not sure if there is anything that is really TSI, but what is the possibility it is?

And yes, download speeds have been a bit slower, connecting to sites is off as well.
KPaul

KPaul

Click for full size
Here's an example. These two torrents have a lot of seeds and peers, just can't connect to any of em. Nothing is blocking it on my end either, nothing changed since that outage.
MrMazda86 (banned)
join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON

MrMazda86 (banned)

There's something interesting I noticed on your screen shot KPaul. According to uTorrent, you're only connected to 2 peers in the pool. What would be more interesting to see is how many seeders that you're actually connected to. Also, I can tell you from my experience working for a torrent site that it would be very helpful for troubleshooting of torrents to be able to post the tracker statuses for the torrent as well as the peer pool to be able to get an idea of where things may be going wrong.

Also, make sure to check your uTorrent settings under Options > Preferences > Bandwidth

Make sure that your bandwidth limit has not been throttled there. Just a tip... This is often the case with such things. You may also need to check the Connections tab to see what your global rates are set to, as it could be possible that you're hitting a maximum peer limit.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to KPaul

to KPaul
KPaul, PM me if you're still having issues, I may be able to help you out.

KPaul

KPaul to MrMazda86

to MrMazda86
Yea I've gone through those bit by bit, it's all the same as it used to be when I was getting full speed down, not sure what may have changed, but I'm pretty sure it's not that. PM sent TypeS
Arcturus
join:2008-04-18
London, ON

Arcturus to KPaul

to KPaul
full speed on any torrents I try here in London.