spc
Search similar:

uniqs

djkaeliben
@direcpc.com

djkaeliben

Anon

[HN7000S] Cannot access secure websites for 11 days now

I have been having problems since 1/24/13 trying to access secure websites. My problem was accelerated to the Level 4 team on 1/31 and every day since then I have called and been told that I will receive a call back from the Level 4 Team. Still no call back, yet every day a promise. Anyone else having this problem?
smokey92070
join:2012-12-19
Santa Ysabel, CA

smokey92070

All https sites are working on my 7000s @117w 1090.

RB
@direcpc.com

RB to djkaeliben

Anon

to djkaeliben
Yes i am having the same problem. it seems that i can connect to certain websites, but websites such as google, facebook or my college i cannot connect to. getting to be a pain the the butt if you know what i mean. I called them the last couple days and they been telling me that its on my end. To me it seems that it tries to connect and gets rejects. I guess i am on satellite 93 west @ 1334 Mhz

anon355
@direcway.com

anon355

Anon

Make sure you don't have a proxy configured in your browser and then see if it works.

RB
@direcpc.com

RB

Anon

Nope no proxy configured. seems like the trouble is with Https sites

djkaeliben
@direcpc.com

djkaeliben to djkaeliben

Anon

to djkaeliben
How do I know if there is a proxy configured in my browser? This is new to me - never had a problem which lasted this long before and first time coming to this forum.

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk to djkaeliben

Premium Member

to djkaeliben
HTTPS working here on 91W @985

Have you tried another browser ?
I have had issues in the past getting into my credit union using IE9 but using Opera got right in.

djkaeliben
@direcpc.com

djkaeliben to djkaeliben

Anon

to djkaeliben

Re: [HN7000S] Cannot access secure websites for 13 days now 93W,

I tried Opera - no luck.
And by the way I am at 93W, 1278 MHz

RB
@direcpc.com

RB

Anon

Well it seems to be working for me all day. Didn't do nothing just decided to connect to those type of websites. Changing browsers doesn't seem to help when it does happen. Hopefully it keeps working for now, but i doubt it.

mb3461
@vtsbdc.org

mb3461 to djkaeliben

Anon

to djkaeliben
I have experienced the same problem (can not log onto secure websites) since 2/4/13. We have the new Gen4. Can not log onto secure web sites including Facebook, Google, MyHughesnet, etc., or log in to get email. Was on Tech Support call last night for over 2-hours. Call ended with problem being advanced to Level 4 Tech Support with expected call back in 3-5-days? Has this been resolved by others yet?

WebAngel
@cogentco.com

WebAngel to djkaeliben

Anon

to djkaeliben

Re: [HN7000S] Cannot access secure websites for 11 days now

Re-register Internet Explorer Files

Windows 7 Driver Download
Windows 7 Drivers Latest Download. Microsoft Certified. (Recommended)
www.Windows-7.DriverUpdate.net

Go to the Start Menu ¨ Run: "%ProgramFiles%"\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe /rereg

OR Start ¨ Run ¨ Type "regsvr32 softpub.dll" (without quotes) and wait for the OK message; then try again.

You may also want to download this file from dsvs.org, it is a batch script that will register all of the .dll files in IE, a lot easier than above.

Remember to delete all cookies, all damaged, unknown plugins, enable defaults on security and privacy tab, clear SSL state, put defaults in advanced tab, and disable all "manage addons" in programs tab.

You can also try the Windows anti-spyware utility. That application has tools to restore Internet Explorer settings, and fix related issues.

Make sure all firewalls are off when troubleshooting.
Always try to go into "Safe Mode with Networking" to see if it works.

WebAngel

WebAngel to djkaeliben

Anon

to djkaeliben
Open Browser, Click: Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections ->
LAN Settings

Then look on the bottom half of the window & make sure that nothing is checked under the Proxy Server Section.

djkaeliben
@direcpc.com

djkaeliben to djkaeliben

Anon

to djkaeliben
Well I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with a Level 4 Tech and he couldn't solve my problem. We went through most of the things shown above. He elevated my problem to the Engineer Dept.
And now it is 14 days that I cannot access secure websites.
Other browsers do not work. No proxy settings, etc. He walked me through all of it, and couldn't fix it. Very, Very frustrated at this point.
djkaeliben

djkaeliben to djkaeliben

Anon

to djkaeliben
Oh and I forgot to mention that last night I found the Hughes.net Community forum and posted my problem. I thought it wouldn't work because I had to sign in through Facebook and that is one of the sites that I have been unable to access. But, lo and behold, my post did work. So I checked a few secure sites and I was able to acces them for about 30 minutes, then back to square one. Not able to acces any since then. So it works occassionally.

RB
@direcpc.com

RB

Anon

Well i worked with no problem for the last two days, but it is acting up again. very frustrating that one can log onto bing or yahoo but no google.

Zeep
@myvzw.com

Zeep to djkaeliben

Anon

to djkaeliben
We have been down for one week since 2/1/13. Cannot get a straight answer but was promised credit for one week. We will see. prior to this Gen4 had been functioning OK for about 3 months.

djkaeliben
@direcpc.com

djkaeliben

Anon

Well, it is 16 days now that I cannot access secure websites. My case has been referred to the Engineers. This is getting ridiculous.

notech
join:2013-02-03

notech to djkaeliben

to djkaeliben
Have you tried to disable TurboPage?
»Satellite Forum FAQ »Can the system be set to not use the Web Acceleration Proxy at the NOC?

djkaeliben
@direcpc.com

djkaeliben

Anon

Tier 4 tech tried this and it didn't work.
tompierre
join:2011-01-05
Lock Haven, PA

tompierre to djkaeliben

to djkaeliben
I am on 93W 1427. HTTPS is working. Have you taken the computer to a friend's house, and see if it works there? I have had https failures too, but they come and go, never sustained for more than an hour or two, and I believe it is capacity related.

djkaeliben
@direcpc.com

djkaeliben

Anon

I've had this computer for only one year and it has more capacity than I know what to do with. It is an ASUS gaming computer with lots of unused memory. It has worked fine up until January 24th then I suddenly could not access https sites. Hughes.net has admitted that the problem is at their end and that there are others with the same problem.

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

and I believe it is capacity related

I think he may have been refering to Hughes capacity, not that of your computer.

djkaeliben
@direcpc.com

djkaeliben

Anon

Re: [HN7000S] Cannot access secure websites for 20 days now

Oh ok, I understand.
michealcell3
join:2011-07-11
Roxboro, NC

michealcell3 to djkaeliben

to djkaeliben

Re: [HN7000S] Cannot access secure websites for 11 days now

I've had Gen4 for about 2 months now. I just started experiencing the HTTPS issue last night, couldn't reach any site that used it, such as Google, Hotmail, etc.. At first I tried everything, flushing dns, clearing cache/cookies, changing browsers (tried Chrome, Firefox, and IE), setting my DNS server as 8.8.8.8, disabling web acceleration on the Hugesnet modem; nothing resolved this issue. I was able to ping the servers but wasn't able to access them via browser. I then tethered my computer to my phone and everything started working fine. This issue is definitely on Hughesnet's end.

notech

notech to djkaeliben

to djkaeliben
I had the opposite happen to me in December 2012. Was getting 'connection reset' errors on http but using https (if supported) worked every time. Had tier 4 support and they even came out to re-align my dish but it did not help. Then all of a sudden it started working again. Took 2 weeks and never got an explanation. Turbopage helped in the 1st week but did nothing the second week. BTW I did notice that my IP changed when it got fixed. First time it changed in years.
mountainview
join:2011-09-07
united state

mountainview to djkaeliben

to djkaeliben
Tier 4? Or the 4th c/s rep..... I don't think you can get a tier 4...

Just Rachel
occasional optimist
Premium Member
join:2003-07-10

Just Rachel to djkaeliben

Premium Member

to djkaeliben
I've been fighting my internet for months now. I've never had so many problems in nearly 10 years with Hughes. Sometimes it's https sites and sometimes it's http sites. Right now I'm having to fiddle with the turbopage nearly all day long. I called once and when I got a call back (weeks later) the only solution they offered was to switch to Gen4. I won't do that. I'm afraid to call again. I know there will be no resolution.

djkaeliben
@direcpc.com

djkaeliben

Anon

I'm up to 24 days today and still can't access secure sites. But they assure me that they are working on it.

notech

notech to mountainview

to mountainview
mountainview, Teir 4 is what they called it. Had the same rep on the line the whole time but he kept putting me on hold and speaking to others. He finally gave up, after one hour, and said he passed it on to tier 4. Called in last week again for another issue and heard the same thing after another hour. Tier 4 tech support will be contacting me in 2-3 days. Don't know what happened to tiers 2 and 3.

All I have to say is be persistent, call back if they don't contact you, and post your experiences on »community.myhughesnet.co ··· ughesnet

I will be calling back tomorrow (3 days have passed) to give them some hell.
Expand your moderator at work