Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MrQ

join:2012-02-04
k2m 5t6

1 edit

[DSL] DSL speed upgrade?

I read a while back that TekSavvy were matching BELL DSL speeds but I did not get updated. Maybe it's because I had issues in the past, but I replaced my DSL modem about 2 months ago and my line has been solid. The modem stats shows that I could get up to 17/1 speeds. I am currently at 12/1 .
Do I qualify for the 15/1 (or 16/1) speed update?
LP

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed

The speed upgrade was for customers using the 5Mbps profile and they got a speed upgrade to 6Mbps.

If you want to get a faster tier than 12/1 you will need to call TekSavvy and request the speed change.

Also to the OP, remove your phone number.

MrQ

join:2012-02-04
k2m 5t6

Is there a cost associated with the speed upgrade?

MrMazda86

join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON

said by MrQ:

Is there a cost associated with the speed upgrade?

Generally, TekSavvy's policy for a line speed change is that it is subject to a $25 charge.

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5

said by MrMazda86:

Generally, TekSavvy's policy for a line speed change is that it is subject to a $25 charge.

As long as changes are either a downgrade or within the same technology tier.

If it is an upgrade from ADSL to ADSL2 or either of those to VDSL2, the regular $95 install fee applies.

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09

said by InvalidError:

said by MrMazda86:

As long as changes are either a downgrade or within the same technology tier.

If it is an upgrade from ADSL to ADSL2 or either of those to VDSL2, the regular $95 install fee applies.

That's correct, currently the $25 charge only applies for changes from 10Mb to 15Mb or for downgrading, otherwise the activation fee would be charged.
--
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09
reply to MrQ

MrQ,

If you'd like to post your account info in the direct forum here: »TekSavvy Direct we can certainly check for you and see if you would be able to upgrade. The upgrade order itself should be placed via the My World customer portal.

Thank you,
Keith
--
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )