format

join:2001-01-02
Tulsa, OK
kudos:1
Reviews:
·VOIPO
reply to format

Re: [OK] Problems after speed upgrade yesterday

After I posted the above the Cox supervisor called back and said he had called back over to the techs sup and the techs sup told him they were not able to get the numbers because he says I asked the tech to leave. I did not ask the tech to leave he told me had everything he needed and that cox would get to it when they can and left. The supervisor said he found it odd because he was on the phone with me while the tech was here yesterday and he did not remember me asking the tech to leave. Needless to say now they have to schedule a appointment for actual cox tech to come and get the numbers they lost. Wow ...

MrBungle87

join:2013-01-18
Durham, NC

Could you try running this? I'm curious if it'll show anything. Shaperprobe might be of interest, too.

»measurementlab.net/measurement-lab-tools#ndt

format

Tulsa, OK
Reviews:
·VOIPO

NDT locked up on testing upload. I gave up after 5 minutes.

The shaperprobe shows
DiffProbe release. January 2012. Build 1008.
Shaper Detection Module.

Connected to server 80.239.142.215.

Estimating capacity:
Upstream: 2796 Kbps.
Downstream: 62318 Kbps.

The measurement will take upto 3.0 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: Measurement aborted due to high packet loss rate.

Downstream: Burst size: 5023-6100 KB;
Shaping rate: 52994 Kbps.

GreyWolfX42

join:2001-08-25
Tulsa, OK
reply to format

Did you get a COX tech or a COX contractor tech? For the most part contractors are not very knowledgeable and I have asked more than one to pack and leave. You have a better chance of getting a problem repaired with the real deal and more clout if you get a runaround.

format

Tulsa, OK

The first tech was a third party tech. The second one was a Cox employee. He seemed to know his stuff but the problem was not at my house.