All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Redbox
join:2013-02-03
Scarborough, ON

Redbox

Re: Toll Free Forwarding/Incoming

any provider with low rates worth taking a look at? or having packages?

So another question, Person calls my 1-800 number then I forward to cell or VOIP and keep talking, does the minutes stop when I forward or does it keep counting even when it is calling my cell or voip? Can I run the 1-800 number into PBX and terminate call once it it forwarded/transferred to another number?

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev

Premium Member

said by Redbox:

So another question, Person calls my 1-800 number then I forward to cell or VOIP and keep talking, does the minutes stop when I forward or does it keep counting even when it is calling my cell or voip? Can I run the 1-800 number into PBX and terminate call once it it forwarded/transferred to another number?

To answer this part, from the moment you answer that toll free call until the moment the call ends, you will be paying for it. There is no way to stop the charges from continuing for the duration of that call. If you forward it elsewhere, you're effectively paying for both calls until the call ends.

Back to your first part about pricing... AcroVoice can offer rates between 3.5c/minute to 5.0c/minute based on your volume. If it's the only service you subscribe to there will be a minimum monthly commitment. We also do a lot of hosted solutions which it seems you could be interested in, but it seems like you'd ideally end up with a DIY provider like voip.ms or Anveo given that you were talking about hosting your own PBX at some point.