moffa

join:2007-10-14
Ajax, ON
Reviews:
·CIKTEL Telecom

Bell Demarc Wiring Help

Click for full size
BellDemarc
I am using VDSL dryloop but I am getting 25/4 instead of 25/10. I opened by box to look at the wiring and realized the white/blue wire is disconnected. My internet is still working but it seems awkward that only one wire is connected.

Should the white/blue wire be connected anywhere?

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX
Yes that would definetly effect your internet service it should be connected to the top Screw Directly above the one the Blue is connected to. The left one directly below where the Black phone jack is located what you have Currently is called a tip open which causes alot of Line problems and slows internet down.
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

moffa

Ajax, ON
Thanks, my uploads speeds have doubled now.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
reply to moffa
there's a nice wasp nest in there too...

moffa

Ajax, ON
Didn't even notice that - maybe they ate chewed up some wiring around there. I'm getting really high SNR on the line.

morisato

Oshawa, ON
Thats Good Moffa p:0 and wasps do not eat copper rofl.

moffa

Ajax, ON
Well you know how some animals like eating insulation.

vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON
kudos:1
said by moffa:

Well you know how some animals like eating insulation.

not wasps

morisato

Oshawa, ON
ya wasps sting you but no they will not eat your copper wires. they lack teeth like squirrels..
--

GeoStar

join:2011-02-10
j2e6f5

1 edit
reply to moffa
hmmmm

say the tech forgot to attach the White and Blue wire inside that tall green boxy thing in the backyard of the neighbour , but the blue wire was attached .....

Would you have 3.5 meg service vs 6 or 7 meg service on your normal dsl phone line ???

how can you test if that line is ok without damaging anything ? just a multimeter ?

....even if you have both attached at your home demarc, and your normal analog phone works ?

thanks

morisato

Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX
You can't really test for it to be honest not unless yer a tech as a customer cannot open a pedestal or terminal etc.. Not to mention would have no idea which is them or have tools to reconnect. and yes possible poor dsl speeds for having no w/b connected.
--

moffa

Ajax, ON
reply to GeoStar
I initially had only the blue not white/blue wire attached and I was getting 25/3.5-4. After I connected it, it went to 25/7 and now more like 25/6. I think I'm going to have to hook it up directly to the demarc and pull the line stats.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to morisato
said by morisato:

ya wasps sting you but no they will not eat your copper wires. they lack teeth like squirrels..

Looks like a mud dauber nest. It's unlikely they'd sting you unless you stuck your finger right in the nest.

jtl999
CEO of Actiontec Dev Team

join:2012-11-24
In the GVRD
reply to koreyb
What wasp nest? I can't see it.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
Look to the right of the bolt in the middle, where the blue wire loops upward.