dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
LastDon
join:2002-08-13

LastDon

line stats.... 15mb profile .. please check.

Click for full size
Hello guys and gals,

I was curious if you guys could glance over my profile stats and give you opinions.. this is a 15mb install on a dryloop connection.

modem is the dlink 520b
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

You noise margin is horrible on your Download side. You also have lots of errors.

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
join:2010-02-26
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

Horrible to say the least considering you're only 2km away. I'd test at your demarc/nid/terminal to see if you get better stats and if not, look into replacing the phone cord for starters (the shorter the better, you definitely want it at 7' or less, but I'd go with 3' if possible) and none of that dollarama junk - get one from a reputable retailer. If none of that improves your stats, have your ISP open a Bell ticket as you MUST be having intermittent sync issues lol

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009 to LastDon

to LastDon
Not good on the downstream. What did your stats look like with your old modem? Are your phones, faxes etc filtered?
LastDon

LastDon

said by Mike2009:

Not good on the downstream. What did your stats look like with your old modem? Are your phones, faxes etc filtered?

Well, on both the tp link and this dlink modem the stats are identical to say.. though on the tp link it max download is in the 17000.. weird this is bell offers 25MB to my house and I can have it they said but not with those stats !

Since this is a dry loop , it is new so i can't compare from previous stats.. but

On my home phone line we still have 7MB internet and those stats are 40x better..

and ye with the 15MB line i can't stay online long ! its great for a few minutes and than slowly slows down to 1MB!
LastDon

LastDon

they dropped my profile.. and i am testing a speedtouch 516

have been connected 20minutes and yet I got a crap load of errors

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

Looks better. As far as errors my speedtouch also indicates a ton of errors on startup but few after that. You might be okay like this.
LastDon

LastDon

I was hoping for the best.. but

that didn't last long.. few speedtest were in 10MB range but after that first 5 minutes ... 10 speedtest were in the 4-6MB range, which makes it like my old connection
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Sounds Like Line issues, Or a bad Slam. even dryloops have dialtone Plug a phone in and see if u have a DT or if u have a Static monster on there.

noemails
@bell.ca

noemails

Anon

you should have been told your approx distance at the point the send you a new modem...so you should laready know if distance is an issue

if its not distance and they drop your service to that level its your wiring, if its an option hook uptot he dmarc and check your sync rate....its faster to do that then jump through the hoops with someone online and wait for that ticket to get closed... or if you listen long enough maybe the agent will say you were sent a bad modem and offer to send you another one

it happens