All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88 to Dennis

to Dennis

Re: Clogged kitchen drain, drain snake not permanently fixing...

said by Dennis:

The long run between the access point in the basement and the vertical drop is what I've talked about replacing. Only problem is that if the clog is indeed between the access point and the kitchen sink I'm back to square one.

You did take apart the trap and look at it carefully? Its just compression fitting so no PVC work is involved. The trap can wind up with high density dirt/grit/metal shavings/sand, that will never wash out of the trap through gravity/poured water. No matter how much water you pour, the dirt will be picked up 1/2 an inch then sink through the water flow back to the bottom of the trap. A snake will never get this grit out.

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

Dennis

Mod

said by patcat88:

You did take apart the trap and look at it carefully? Its just compression fitting so no PVC work is involved.

Oh yeah,when I replaced the sink about 2 1/2 years ago I took everything apart and cleaned it (had to replace some of it but that's a different story about emergency plumbers).

»www.dennisjudd.com/?p=1509

jrs8084
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Statesville, NC

jrs8084

Premium Member

said by Dennis:

said by patcat88:

You did take apart the trap and look at it carefully? Its just compression fitting so no PVC work is involved.

Oh yeah,when I replaced the sink about 2 1/2 years ago I took everything apart and cleaned it (had to replace some of it but that's a different story about emergency plumbers).

»www.dennisjudd.com/?p=1509

Ahhh, yes, the "Mother's Day Gift" that you got slack for until you explained she had been asking for a new one.