Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6 to cousintim

Premium Member

to cousintim

Re: Time Warner Boosting Standard Speed to 15Mbps

said by cousintim:

Maybe I'm just blessed or another speed bump is coming. I've been getting a solid 20Mbps on Standard (w/ a DOCSIS 2 SBV5220) for over a month in Dallas.

I was seeing the same results from SpeedTest.net here in Dallas, but I think this was a side effect of Powerboost as my real-world throughput was more like 3 or 4 Mbps on my old DOCSIS 2 modem. Try the speed test at this site and see what you get:

»myspeed.visualware.com/index.php

cousintim
join:2004-10-10
Dallas, TX

cousintim

said by banditws6:

said by cousintim:

Maybe I'm just blessed or another speed bump is coming. I've been getting a solid 20Mbps on Standard (w/ a DOCSIS 2 SBV5220) for over a month in Dallas.

I was seeing the same results from SpeedTest.net here in Dallas, but I think this was a side effect of Powerboost as my real-world throughput was more like 3 or 4 Mbps on my old DOCSIS 2 modem. Try the speed test at this site and see what you get:

»myspeed.visualware.com/index.php

I got 19.2 Mbps down and 882 kbps up using a Dallas "Quality Testing" site.
spdickey
join:2002-11-17
Pacific Palisades, CA
Technicolor E31T2V1
eero Wi-Fi System
Obihai OBi202

spdickey

I called to complain about the high prices and wanted to switch to Dish. Rep "repackaged" me, leaving me with the same services (Triple Play, no premiums, plus two programming tiers) for $25 less. Account now shows "Turbo Upgrade" at $0 per month and my speed went up from 15 to 20 now that I'm no longer on a grandfathered package.

Sometimes complaining brings results with TWC!