·callwithus
·localphone.com
·Google Voice
·Callcentric
·AT&T U-Verse
·magicjack.com
reply to d4m1r

Re: Ready to leave POTS....

In your case I would go for a 2 line Obi 202 voip adapter ( US $ 75.-) and voip.ms for the first line and Localphone.com for the second line( international calling) . If you are a heavy user you could take Voxbeam instead of Localphone.
Like some people mentioned, 'Eastern Europe" is very vague.

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Midland, ON
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to d4m1r

the PAP2T is the one I'm using and I love it as it's has two phone ports unlike the Obi that only has one or at least the models I've seen only have one port.

So setting up two lines on the same device is nice as in the future I'll need a business number. Now yeah you would have to pay for a number for that port from voip.ms if you want two lines. If you can find one for a good price I've no issue it's been good to me.

JJ_GTA
Premium
join:2009-04-01
Ontario

Obi202 has two phone ports. I love that it supports 4 wire wiring green/yellow and black/red so I only need one connection into the Obi for phone1 and phone2.

»www.acrovoice.ca/obistore/

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Midland, ON
kudos:3

ah cool did not see that modal on amazon.

sluggish

@WC-TDM.com
reply to d4m1r

Good luck with it.

Mango
What router are you using?
Premium
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Callcentric
·Anveo
·Shaw
·AcroVoice
reply to d4m1r

said by d4m1r:

Do they work in the same light as the PAP2T?

Yes - actually the same engineers developed them. The OBi devices are just the latest versions.

m.
--
myvoipnews.com

Joey1973

@verizon.net
reply to d4m1r

I think it's worth pointing out that once you're setup for VoIP/SIP, you'll be able to call others who are setup likewise for free via SIP. Plus, for example, if you have an OBi and the one or two parties you talk to most in other countries also have an OBi, then you could call each other for free using the OBi numbers of each device. The point is you won't be limited to using just PSTN numbers, which could save you some expense--a little or a lot.

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California
kudos:2
reply to d4m1r

said by scooper:

you may need to have a cell phone for this if nothing else.

I was wondering if the OBi202 with OBiBT (and compatible cellphone with Bluetooth - all on a UPS) can be used as a backup cellphone gateway?