share rss forum feed

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:4
reply to BlitzenZeus

Re: [WIN8] What is this credential?

I don't use live mail at all. The only Windows live thing I have is Photo Gallery so I think that is what did it. I do have a Microsoft account for many, many years and login for that is to Windows Live. BUT on this Windows 8 computer I did NOT allow Microsoft to con me into creating a Windows Live account as my user account when first setting up everything on this new computer. I ignored that and instead created a LOCAL USER account for Windows 8. So, I will try deleting it and maybe it won't come back.

As for hyper-v....ton of stuff on Win 8 for it. I will try it first before Virtualbox that was a nightmare for me (bad bug when I tried to update Virtualbox during Win 7 beta) when I used it to do the Win 7 public beta. What I am concerned about is which program will properly convert my XP Pro VMWare Workstation 7 virtual machine? I will look at Player again as I haven't in a couple of years but last time I looked at it...it was really restricted compared to Workstation but Workstation is quite expensive so that is why I looked a bit at hyper-v (I have a Vista Ultimate virtual machine created with Microsoft's earlier Virtual PC 2007 software) and did download Virtualbox. Both look complicated to convert a Workstation VM.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson