spc
uniqs

firerx
join:2005-01-28
Avondale, AZ

firerx to phxuser

to phxuser

Re: [AZ] Speed Increase 01/31/13

any of you guys getting errors on QAM channel 2 in the binding causing disconnect a couple of times a day? just curious. I notice the correctable/ uncorrectables are quite high

EricNTucson
@cox.net

EricNTucson

Anon

Did anyone in Tucson get upgraded or do different city's get upgraded at different Dates?

Sanjose
@comcastbusiness.net

Sanjose

Anon

Upgraded my sister in Tucson 85748 to Premiere and had a new SB6141 provisioned on her account. Still no 50/10. Shaperprobe results are indicative of preferred speeds with estimated capacity at 31/6 and traffic shaped speeds of 25/5. Spoke to Tier 1 support at Cox and he stated everything from signal to account config files were correct. He did update the firmware to the Oct 2012 FW. Anyone else having post speed upgrade issues in Tucson as well?

CoxTech1
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA

CoxTech1

Sounds like she's on DOCSIS 2.0 Premier. It's a billing code on the account that needs to be corrected if that's the case.

EricNTucson
@cox.net

EricNTucson

Anon

The cox Tech just left they got an email this morning telling them the solution that coxtech1 has been telling everyone on the forums.. code adjustment.. getting new premeire speeds now in tucson.. thanks.

Chandler00AZ
@cox.net

Chandler00AZ to CoxTech1

Anon

to CoxTech1
Hi CoxTech1

I purchased an sb6141 and had it provisioned today. I can see all 8 down channels are bonded and 3 up channels are bonded. I have the Ultimate Plan and live in Chandler AZ.

My upload speeds appear to reflect the Ultimate plan (20Mb/s) but my download speeds are nowhere near max on the various speedtest servers I checked.

I called and made sure I wasn't on a promotional package and the rep said there is no "D3" for the Ultimate plan. Any ideas on why my down is so low for the 150 plan?

My signal to noise is 37dB for all 8 downstream channels. Any suggestions on why my up looks good but downstream is way off of max? It almost seems governed to around 70Mb/s which seems like the Premier but my Upstream is definitely Ultimate speeds.

lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

Everyone on the ultimate tier, and such. Should use the verizon fios speedtest site to test, as its more reliable, and can handle the faster speed's. Here's the link »speedtest.verizon.com/fios300/
m33crob
join:2013-02-06
Phoenix, AZ

m33crob to Chandler00AZ

to Chandler00AZ
FWIW I have not achieved full speeds on any speed testing sites in a very long time (probably years.) I have always found that the most accurate way to measure download speed is by using news groups. For example, I am on the Ultimate tier and after the upgrade, the highest speed test result I can get is 45 mbps. Before the network upgrades it topped out at 30 mbps. I have always, however, received full speeds and then some with usenet.

Chandler00AZ
@cox.net

Chandler00AZ

Anon

FWIW, using giganews as the usenet service, I averaged 80Mb/s for the ten minute stretch I tested it tonight.

Since this last bandwidth upgrade, Giganews had maxed my my available bandwidth at 50Mb/s now it's barely more than half of the 150 I'm supposed to get with Ultimate Cox. I don't know if there's a cap on that service but I may have reached it if there is...but before, I would agree that Giganews/usenet was a good way to test...still might be if there's an issue with my downstream.

Anonguy
@cox.net

Anonguy to Chandler00AZ

Anon

to Chandler00AZ
said by Chandler00AZ :

Hi CoxTech1

I purchased an sb6141 and had it provisioned today. I can see all 8 down channels are bonded and 3 up channels are bonded. I have the Ultimate Plan and live in Chandler AZ.

[att=1]

My upload speeds appear to reflect the Ultimate plan (20Mb/s) but my download speeds are nowhere near max on the various speedtest servers I checked.

I called and made sure I wasn't on a promotional package and the rep said there is no "D3" for the Ultimate plan. Any ideas on why my down is so low for the 150 plan?

My signal to noise is 37dB for all 8 downstream channels. Any suggestions on why my up looks good but downstream is way off of max? It almost seems governed to around 70Mb/s which seems like the Premier but my Upstream is definitely Ultimate speeds.

What kind of router do you have because it sure looks like something in your network is limited to 100mbps.

You will need a Router with a Gigabit WAN port, Gigabit LAN ports and a Computer with a Gigabit card.

Check all 3 of those and make sure everything is set to auto negotiate.

Chandler00AZ
@cox.net

Chandler00AZ

Anon

It was my router. Even though it says it has a gigabit WAN, it's obviously the problem. Here's my results without the router:

Time to research and buy a new router. Thanks Anonguy! Hope your advice helps others as well.

firerx
join:2005-01-28
Avondale, AZ

firerx

I highly recommend the NetGear R6300.
I get my rated speed with it.

Chandler00AZ
@cox.net

Chandler00AZ

Anon

I bought the ASUS RT-AC66U router today and posted this after setting it up: (Cox 150 Mb/s Ultimate Plan) Motorola sb6141 modem