how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

andrexxxo

join:2009-11-05

New London street

Hello Rocca,

I will be moving to a brand new condo development here in London. the postal code is not even updated on Red system yet. I do know the house is wired for them (I checked). The postal codes around the complex are valid for start/R. can you please double check if I will be able to get service with you guys? thanks!

Ps. new postal code is N6H0G7
Ps2. Just in case.. Im referring to cable!

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
if it's a brand new house it might be wired with fiber.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
If Rogers is anything like Cogeco and Shaw, they just use a media converter to change the fibre to coax inside the customer premises. The service is identical, and you'd think you had regular coax-based service because all of the DCTs and modems in your house run on coax just like anywhere else. TPIA works with this kind of setup the same as anywhere else.

I know that Rogers does have some fibre-fired high speed stuff, but that's an exception to the rule.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
reply to andrexxxo
It's not in our db yet but I'm checking directly with Red - give me 24'ish hours.

andrexxxo

Will do, Thanks!

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
Yes, it's serviceable and I've updated the database - good to go. Thanks and have a great night.

andrexxxo

Thank you!! will look all the packages in detail and go from there. Thanks!

andrexxxo

reply to rocca
Rocca is the DCW775 available for rent as well??

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
London, ON
We only have the DCW775 for purchase, no wireless rentals at this time. You can use any wireless router though with the standard rental modems.