uniqs
MrMazda86 (banned)
join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON

MrMazda86 (banned) to taraf

to taraf

Re: [DSL] TekSavvy + Netflix = NOT GOOD

said by taraf:

Try doing a traceroute instead of a ping... it'll give you more useful information, such as *where* the problem actually exists.

Bahahahahahaha That doesn't even make it anywhere... As in this example:

Now that's strange...

TSI Gabe
Router of Packets
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Gatineau, QC

TSI Gabe

Premium Member

tracerouting to netflix doesn't actual test performance with streaming videos from them as they don't come from that specific site. They come from numerous sources, Limelight, Level 3 and depending on availability the netflix caches.

The fact that your tracert is failing is indicative that something else altogether is wrong with your PC. This is most definitely not our network.

Quick Google tells me you should try this »social.technet.microsoft ··· 68471aa6
MrMazda86 (banned)
join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON

2 edits

MrMazda86 (banned)

said by TSI Gabe:

Quick Google tells me you should try this »social.technet.microsoft ··· 68471aa6

Google is wrong... The problem is still there, only instead of "General Failure", all I get is "Request Timed Out". There are two areas that are of concern in the trace route... They are:

206.248.154.104 - Ping average of 225 - 600ms

and

205.251.245.47 - The last hop before the disconnects

When the problem starts somewhere in the Amazon.com network, it then has to try several times before being able to find a route that it can take. Perhaps this could be where the problem lies? Not with TSI, but further down the line?

(EDIT: Added info below)

Actually... Now it's coming back differently. On this one, I got a different result for the ping to the gateway on TekSavvy's end, but it's still running much higher than it should be. Here's where it drops:

Something isn't right here, but I don't know where the problem lies.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

Try netflix.com & not www.netflix.com see what you get.