All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

DanteX to Foggy

to Foggy

Re: [BC] Today - usage cut in half - 28 Days Later a $5 increase

Will be fun to find out if Telus will start using overages even though they state they have no plans to do so. Going to have to make them eat their words somehow.

Upupupup
@74.198.150.x

Upupupup

Anon

It's an $8 increase across the biard except on Internet 50 went up by $5
»www.telus.com/content/internet/
New page new caps.
Optik 15 was $42 now $50
Optik 25 was $52 now $60
Optik 50 had a $5 increase to $80 by itself now (on bundle page)
Internet 6 was $37 now $45

I've never know any ISP to put the price up this much in one shot let alone over past 10 months.

Data cap info page now disappeared...
tired
join:2010-12-12

tired

My pre-promo rate for unbundled 25 was $62. It looks like it's now $65. So that's a $3 increase for me.
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

DanteX to Upupupup

to Upupupup
What in a couple months time they will be jacking the rates by another 3-6 bucks.
tired
join:2010-12-12

tired

To be honest, I would be very surprised to find that any future Telus price increases will affect me. I'm just really sick of this shit. Halving caps and then raising prices? I left Shaw (twice!) because of crap like this. My promo is over next month and I have been unimpressed with my experience. The really sad thing is that the actual service itself has been absolutely flawless -- great install experience, I've been getting advertised speeds, and have had zero downtime.

Why can't these guys realise that their customers just want to sign up for their services and then forget about it? We don't want to have to review our bills with a magnifying glass every month to find out what may be changing.. most of us don't even want to look at our bills every month. But no, they need to screw with things to try to squeeze out a few more dollars from each customer ignoring the fact that when they do this they are losing people who know that there are alternatives out there.

Ah well, TPIA here I come. Does anyone know if there's a way to switch from Telus DSL to Teksavvy while guaranteeing no downtime? I was hoping I would be able to hold on until they expanded their cable offering here.
zod5000
join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC

zod5000

said by tired:

To be honest, I would be very surprised to find that any future Telus price increases will affect me. I'm just really sick of this shit. Halving caps and then raising prices? I left Shaw (twice!) because of crap like this. My promo is over next month and I have been unimpressed with my experience. The really sad thing is that the actual service itself has been absolutely flawless -- great install experience, I've been getting advertised speeds, and have had zero downtime.

Why can't these guys realise that their customers just want to sign up for their services and then forget about it? We don't want to have to review our bills with a magnifying glass every month to find out what may be changing.. most of us don't even want to look at our bills every month. But no, they need to screw with things to try to squeeze out a few more dollars from each customer ignoring the fact that when they do this they are losing people who know that there are alternatives out there.

Ah well, TPIA here I come. Does anyone know if there's a way to switch from Telus DSL to Teksavvy while guaranteeing no downtime? I was hoping I would be able to hold on until they expanded their cable offering here.

I did it once, it was about a half days downtime. On the other hand when I switched back to Telus I was without a connection for days (apparently the rep took my order, but they can't actually put an order in while you are on teksavvy, so my order got lost, when teksavvy disconnect Telus had no record of me requesting their service. it got ugly).

I would expect a worse case scenario. You're changing providers on the same line (phone line) so you need one to disconnect and the other to connect. I would prepare for downtime in cause that goes south (its not like switching between cable and dsl, where you can have both running, so you can theoretically cancel the other one after a successful install).

The price increases don't surprise me. I think its because Shaw gave up. Last year shaw was trying to offer intro deals, low cost pvr's etc to compete with Telus. It negatively impacted their bottom line so they stopped. Now that Shaw has stopped trying, so has Telus. Telus has no need to keep prices low if Shaw isn't (and vice versa). Duopolies suck