Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

Pure Junk Science

This is based on junk science. They should make the parents who believe in this junk science pay to run thousands of feet of cat 5 cabling from the networking gear to every computer in the school. When I was in middle school, they wired the buildings for internet during my 7th grade year (1996-1997) and it went online during my 8th grade year (1997-1998). Wi-Fi did not exist then and they had to run cat 5 wiring from the networking hardware located in a storeroom to each computer. Now they just have to run cat 5 to each wireless access point. With the middle school I went to, it might not be possible to use Wi-Fi as the building was built in 1922 and the walls were thick concrete and they had those old terrazzo floors. Many schools are older facilities with many buildings being built in the 1920's and 1930's. My mother's high school was built in 1910. When that building was built, they used gas lamps for light and textbooks, pencil and paper. Telephone was the biggest thing that people were waiting for like we want broadband today. Electricity was new as well.

As for junk science, I have Autism and I can tell you that vaccines and Autism are junk science as well because my mother said I was having symptoms before I received any vaccines. Vaccines and Autism were later disproven and the report was retracted. I think the doctor behind the junk science later lost his privileges to practice medicine. And now we have unvaccinated children in our schools that are infecting other kids. Some science is legitimate but a lot of science is biased and later proven junk science, especially when there is a cash grab involved. As for RF exposure causing cancer, there has not been a big surge of cancer cases involving brain tumors since cell phones became widespread about 10 years ago. Everybody has cell phones these days and payphones are becoming a thing of the past.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1

I have an interesting test for these so called wifi sensitive people.

build a group of Faraday cages, put wireless routers in each one. Get a group of people and shut them in the cages and then turn the router power on.

The catch is half of them would be just the router casing and just enough circuitry to power up LEDs in the right spots on the front.

I bet those people would still claim headaches even though they were in the cage with the fake.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

moonpuppy

join:2000-08-21
Glen Burnie, MD
reply to IowaCowboy

said by IowaCowboy:

As for junk science, I have Autism and I can tell you that vaccines and Autism are junk science as well because my mother said I was having symptoms before I received any vaccines. Vaccines and Autism were later disproven and the report was retracted. I think the doctor behind the junk science later lost his privileges to practice medicine. And now we have unvaccinated children in our schools that are infecting other kids. Some science is legitimate but a lot of science is biased and later proven junk science, especially when there is a cash grab involved.

Tell that to Jenny McCarthy and a few of the people here who have responded to me (calling it junk science) and they will trot out that the big, bad pharmaceutical companies are the ones who discredited the studies. All the scientific journals are paid off and anyone who disagrees with that, now disgraced, doctor are all in the pocket of big pharma.

There will always be a few idiots out there who will push junk science to further a particular agenda and when their theories crash and burn, they simply will trot out another bad study with even more ridiculous claims.

Again, I will say this; if anyone of those complaining parents even has so much as a cordless telephone or microwave oven in their house, they need to be locked up in a mental institution and their kids removed from their care.