share rss forum feed

news4la

join:2009-01-05
Burbank, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Redbox

Re: Toll Free Forwarding/Incoming

I use a company called unitel. It is for my toll free number.(855) It is transferred to one of my DID'S. They will ask what number you want to be transferred to. Very inexpensive.

RICK
--
On AIR,On LINE and On the GO!

HellsBells

@pacbell.net

I concur with Rick. Unitel offers great rates!

The plan I use is .79c per month, plus 2.7c per minute. If your monthly bill before taxes and fees is under $20.00, the minimum bill fee is $2.99 per month. The current USF is 17.4% and if someone uses a pay phone and calls your toll free number, a .65c per call payphone surcharge is added. Unitel also adds a b.s. carrier cost recovery charge (not mandated by the government), but overall, the taxes and fees are low, and I rarely have over $5-7 per month in toll free calls, including taxes and the b.s. fee.

I use the toll free number for my Craigslist ads, as it keeps away scammers from outside the U.S./Canada who can't call into the U.S. using a toll free number, and when someone calls my toll free number, the caller ID always shows up, unless they are spoofing.

Since I'm in L.A., it's real easy to tell from the Caller ID display if the call is from one of the many southern California area codes. Of course, once in awhile, you'll get an out-of-the-area buyer who uses a cheap VOIP service with a local L.A.-area number, but those are very few and far between.

Most people don't realize that you cannot block your outbound Caller ID when calling a toll free number.

When looking for unitel on google, look for unitel group.