Search similar:

uniqs
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

1 edit

Os

12 new HD Channels in the Guide for Cumberland

Got a surprise checking the guide tonight, 12 new HD channels coming very soon to ABB here in Cumberland. They're in the guide, but haven't loaded up yet.

733 HLN HD
754 Disney XD HD
762 Weather Channel HD
774 truTV HD
801 IFC HD
806 ESPNU HD
811 Starz Edge HD
816 Fox Business HD
827 HBO Signature HD
828 HBO Family HD
843 Showtime Showcase HD
847 Movie Channel HD

Anything new for the rest of you? You guys in Altoona/Johnstown are long overdue. We're now ahead of Uniontown (who is all digital) on networks, but don't have QVC HD, HSN HD, VH1 HD or CMT HD that they do. We have Outdoor Channel HD and AMC HD that they don't.

Thanks ABB!

This will bring us to 50 networks, 14 premiums and 78 HD channels total. Since we're not even digital yet, that's pretty good.
JimmyK814
join:2010-12-29
Altoona, PA

JimmyK814

This sounds promising. I'll have to check tonight. Not holding my breath though. Altoona/Johnstown went from the best treated system in the early days to the forgotten. Your 2013 HD thread is evidence of that.

I'm giving it until the end of summer to see some evidence of improvement... and then I'm moving on.
Os
US

Os

And Altoona/Johnstown is the largest of the areas. I don't know what they're waiting on. I'm rooting for you guys to get a ton of new HD.

All the channels appeared in the guide last night, and are live as of this afternoon. truTV HD just lit up in the last hour, the others were up before that.

I think the main difference you're seeing is we're at 860MHz, and Altoona/Johnstown is 750MHz.
JimmyK814
Altoona, PA

JimmyK814

That probably is the difference. How were you able to confirm that? I've never seen anything above 750Mhz and assumed, but I always thought Altoona/Johnstown went up to 1Ghz after the last Charter upgrade.
Os
US

1 edit

Os

Someone from ABB posted I believe that your system is 750MHz. I think equipment could also be holding things back. Your system is Cisco, and it might be the only one in ABB. I know we're all Motorola down here.

I know when Comcast went through its digital transition that the Cisco areas had to wait a long time because Cisco was slower to produce digital transport adapters, that could be a factor in it.

I don't know what's taking so long for you guys, but you deserve a ton more HD than you're getting.

It should be said that The Weather Channel HD feed is the national feed, no Local on the 8's included as of yet.
JimmyK814
Altoona, PA

JimmyK814

I looked last night. No sign of anything. I scanned frequencies with the HTPC, and nothing has changed or moved around as if to make more room for something else.

The chances of moving up from 750Mhz is probably slim, which means it will be a squeeze game. They'll probably have to go through a massive analog decrease and roll out the DTA's before they can add more HD... so that will likely be "forever" away.