uniqs

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to resa1983

Premium Member

to resa1983

Re: Super Bowl contest winner denied entry to U.S.

It is my understanding that you need a separate one for each and every entry you make.

If it were a blanket exemption this would pretty much be a non-issue.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by Gone:

It is my understanding that you need a separate one for each and every entry you make.

I dunno.. We saw the price and decided he'd avoid the US in any vacations we took in the future.

Also: Keep in mind, that YOU don't need to be the one crossing the border to have your record pop up. A family member can cross and have your record pop up. Hubby's brother crossed prior to the pardon completion, and that's how the US knows about his pardoned offense. Total invasion of privacy, but hey its the US gov. Its to be expected.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by resa1983:

said by Gone:

I dunno.. We saw the price and decided he'd avoid the US in any vacations we took in the future.

Also: Keep in mind, that YOU don't need to be the one crossing the border to have your record pop up. A family member can cross and have your record pop up. Hubby's brother crossed prior to the pardon completion, and that's how the US knows about his pardoned offense. Total invasion of privacy, but hey its the US gov. Its to be expected.

Well, it hasn't been mentioned and I've gone across the border a few times (1 by air as previously mentioned, and about 4 by ground in the past 12 months)...this happenned to nitz's dad back in 2008, so its been a few years....and I'm sure the record hasn't gone away...

Maybe because I live in a different city, or something to that effect they don't call me on it?

Had they asked me though, I would have said no at the time as I didn't know until just recently that this happenned, they had just never told me...I guess to keep me naieve about my father? I don't know...

bluebaron2
Stuff Happens
Mod
join:2001-02-01
North of 44

bluebaron2 to Gone

Mod

to Gone
said by Gone:

" A US entry waiver can be granted for a period of one (1), two (2) or five (5) years by the US Government and can be renewed. "

»www.commissionaires-otta ··· r-V2.pdf
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

Looks like someone in here had to get one.
jaberi
join:2010-08-13

jaberi to bluebaron2

to bluebaron2
they kept a record for 32 years?

didn't colorado and some states decriminalize marijuana, so what happens in this case?...and what about the 2 grams, would they even arrest someone today for that?

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by jaberi:

didn't colorado and some states decriminalize marijuana

... it's a legal mess is what it is. When it comes to immigration though, federal law applies.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to jaberi

Premium Member

to jaberi
said by jaberi:

they kept a record for 32 years?

didn't colorado and some states decriminalize marijuana, so what happens in this case?...and what about the 2 grams, would they even arrest someone today for that?

It's still a federal offence regardless of what Colorado or Washington state allow. You deal with Homeland Security, not with a state .gov.