Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

atomicrabbit

join:2009-06-04

1 edit
reply to domptg

Re: Pbxes.org with FPL stopped working w audio bypass disabled

This is obviously a problem with PBXes. Not sure what they've changed and I can't really contact PBXes as they pretty much ignore free/basic users. I'm going to hunt around the pbxes forums in hopes that paying users are experiencing the same problems.

@gecko & domptg: what servers are you guys on?

zapattack

join:2012-07-02
CANADA
Maybe not so obvious. Problem observed by this Obi forum poster.
»www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?···msg0#new
Failed to register a couple of days ago. FPL, but not a PBXes user.
Co-incidence???

toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:7
reply to atomicrabbit
Many FPL users started reporting one-way audio problems in the last 2 weeks or so. Looks like a quick fix is to use the server voip2.freephoneline.ca rather than voip.freephoneline.ca

gecko

join:2011-04-03
reply to atomicrabbit
said by atomicrabbit:

@gecko & domptg: what servers are you guys on?

I'm on the New York server.

atomicrabbit

reply to toro
said by toro:

Many FPL users started reporting one-way audio problems in the last 2 weeks or so. Looks like a quick fix is to use the server voip2.freephoneline.ca rather than voip.freephoneline.ca

Where did you hear this? And as I explained in my post from a few days ago, I can receive incoming calls, I just have to change something on PBXes to catch-all incoming connections instead of listening to the specific trunk for FPL. This doesn't seem like the same problem as you or other people are experiencing with one-way audio.

toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico
said by atomicrabbit:

Where did you hear this?

Here: »forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8320

gecko

Warning to anyone using FPL with a free pbxes account!

I just tried to make changes to my FPL trunk and I got a popup saying a paid account is now required to support this provider. It then deleted my trunk. I wish I had at least been able to save my settings first. At least I had an older version of my settings backed up.

atomicrabbit

3 edits
So I got a trunk outage notification email from PBXes this afternoon at 2:20pm. As usual my email automatically runs a vbs script that goes to PBXes and save an arbitrary settings to reconnect the trunk. My automatic script failed, so I went to pbxes manually to re-save the settings and I too got the "this provider requires a paid account for security reasons" error, whatever the efff "security reasons" is supposed to mean ... sounds more like "there are too many free users and we want more money" to me.

Their cheapest paid account is friggen $5/mo... what a rip.. I don't even need any of the pay features, well, except now being able to register a FPL account.. BS!

After some google searching I've seen a few other providers over the years have this "limitation"... PennyTel and voip.ms from a quick google search.

Are there any ways around this? Or free alternatives to PBXes (without having to host my own pbx)?

gecko

said by atomicrabbit:

As usual my email automatically runs a vbs script that goes to PBXes and save an arbitrary settings to reconnect the trunk.

Could you share your script? That would come in handy.

The only free alternative to PBXes I know of is www.liberailvoip.it. The site is in Italian though and I think there are some registration requirements. Sipsorcery is another alternative that is affordable and powerful, but is no longer free.

atomicrabbit

3 edits
said by gecko:

Could you share your script? That would come in handy.

Sure... I created the script a few years ago because the random outages were pissing me off. This script will run fully automatic as long as your computer is on and your outlook is running. You set it up as a Rule in Outlook and listen to the emails from pbxes and have it run when an outage email comes in.

»PBXes free acount trunk outtage quick fix

This script is now absolutely useless to me now that pbxes stopped supporting FPL on their free accounts... >:|

EDIT: I just tried re-adding my FPL account and it worked!! It seems as though it's not FPL in general, it's voip2.freephoneline.ca that's the problem. The basic PBXes account only supports voip.freephoneline.ca, not voip2.freephonline.ca ... sorry for the freak out. lol Although I still can't receive calls. I can register the trunk and am able to make calls, but incoming calls are not ebing routed properly.

EDIT2: Ok last edit... screwing around with PBXes and I finally got all my settings back to what they originally were and all is working again with FPL except I still have to set the inbound route to the catch-all (i.e. no trunk name). A little frustrating but it's working now. I hope FPL or PBXes fixes this soon.