pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog to drslash

MVM

to drslash

Re: [NFL] Superbowl - The Three Chokers.

said by drslash:

I doubt they are happy about it. I laughed at the sight of the logo in the dark too. The MB product brand is associated with a laughing stock power outage. Not exactly what executives lay awake at night hoping for.

I think it's reading way too much into it. Everyone I was watching with just noticed their logo and we all shared the same sentiment "wow, free advertising". To go a step further and somehow associate Mercedes, a car company, with the power outage is just not something I imagine the average Mercedes would-be buyer was thinking. *shrug*
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

said by pflog:

said by drslash:

I doubt they are happy about it. I laughed at the sight of the logo in the dark too. The MB product brand is associated with a laughing stock power outage. Not exactly what executives lay awake at night hoping for.

I think it's reading way too much into it. Everyone I was watching with just noticed their logo and we all shared the same sentiment "wow, free advertising". To go a step further and somehow associate Mercedes, a car company, with the power outage is just not something I imagine the average Mercedes would-be buyer was thinking. *shrug*

TV announcers were saying Mercedes-Benz Super Dome every 2 minutes. There was plenty of positive advertising. Seeing the logo in the dark would not be classified as positive in any book. Broken stadium with MB logo is not, in any stretch of the imagination, something MB hoped for or wanted.

It's just my opinion. If I was an MB marketing exec I wouldn't be giddy about it *shrug*

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

I doubt it matters to their bottom line either way, so this is a pointless argument.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

Yes there is a point...broken stadium with MB logo on it. MB is not happy.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA

1 recommendation

pflog

MVM

said by drslash:

Yes there is a point...broken stadium with MB logo on it. MB is not happy.

Ok, we'll see when Mercedes' quarterly results are massively impacted.

And as this is a matter of opinion, at this point I'll leave you with this:

I'm done, you can argue with someone else.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

The point is that a large sum of money was spent by MB for the naming rights. The marketing money comes from the top line which affects the bottom line. If corporations thought like you then no corporations would pay for naming rights because it won't affect their bottom line. Corporations are smarter than you and therefore shell the money out because they get a return on the investment. MB and the Superdome agree to display the logo a certain way on the outside of the stadium and on the inside of the stadium. The amount of money is in the millions. The logos inside and outside are supposed to represent the prestige and quality of the MB brand. It's foolish to think that the logo shown in the dark is something MB is glad about.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium Member
join:2012-10-18

Blogger

Premium Member

Even with the terrible tragedy of the power disruption I'm not switching my choice from the MB E63 to a BMW 5 or BMW 6 or Audi 8, or a Porsche Panamerica.

I guess that means I have to favor pflog's perspective on this call.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

rockotman

Premium Member

Seeing the Mercedes logo in a browned-out stadium will not keep me from buying a Mercedes.

Of course, seeing their logo in a fully lit stadium won't nudge me into buying one, either.
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

On the other hand, seeing the Mercedes logo won't stop me from buying another one. But it doesn't necessarily make me want to go out and get another one.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

2 edits

1 recommendation

rody_44 to drslash

Premium Member

to drslash
The Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class was the number one considered model on Edmunds on Super Bowl Sunday and the following Monday.

The CLA-Class recorded a lift of 20,710 percent on Edmunds — the highest since Edmunds began tracking ad performance. Even though the CLA's baseline started low, the huge lift for the CLA resulted in 7,600 incremental shoppers. The Mercedes-Benz C-Class continues to draft off the CLA's success with a 50 percent lift on Monday.

The commercial is approaching 6 million views on YouTube as of Thursday morning.

Edmunds says: The 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class commercial for the 2013 Super Bowl is one for the record books.

I doubt they care what caused the outage and have to agree that it was positive and thats all they cared about.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium Member
join:2012-10-18

Blogger

Premium Member

Hey, this is a "Sports Forum" and posts that are written with rational reasoning and contain uncontested facts are not permitted.

Knock it off.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to rody_44

Premium Member

to rody_44
said by rody_44:

The commercial is approaching 6 million views on YouTube as of Thursday morning.

Edmunds says: The 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class commercial for the 2013 Super Bowl is one for the record books.

I don't even remember a mercedes commercial
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

The CLA commercial was great. I know it's a young person's car, but it was making me want to go buy one. It still does.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
I dont remember it either. I think they said the commercial was delayed until after the lights went back on. I was sleeping by then along with half the other viewers.