how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

GirgleMirt

join:2002-11-01
Saint-Laurent, QC
reply to JCohen

Re: Does Bell screws its reseller's customers?

Why would I need to do that? I'm paying for a 6mbps service and I'm getting 3mbps, and you're saying that if I want 6mbps, the service I am paying for, I will need to purchase a more expensive plan. It's ridiculous...

Bell's excuse is that I'm too far from their station, yet, they could offer me speeds well beyond 3mbps or the 6mpbs I'm paying for, if I pay them money. It's extortion. I'm paying for 6 mbps, I should get 6 mbps. I shouldn't have to pay for 12mbps to get the 6 mbps I should already have...

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by GirgleMirt:

Why would I need to do that? I'm paying for a 6mbps service and I'm getting 3mbps, and you're saying that if I want 6mbps, the service I am paying for, I will need to purchase a more expensive plan. It's ridiculous...

No, you're paying for up to 6Mbps, legally they're providing you the service that you're paying for.

said by GirgleMirt:

Bell's excuse is that I'm too far from their station, yet, they could offer me speeds well beyond 3mbps or the 6mpbs I'm paying for, if I pay them money. It's extortion. I'm paying for 6 mbps, I should get 6 mbps. I shouldn't have to pay for 12mbps to get the 6 mbps I should already have...

The tiers that Bell offers uses what's known as a remote DSLAM, station as you call it and that is the only way you will be getting a faster speed. If you upgrade to a faster tier through a reseller you will be moved to a remote DSLAM.

GirgleMirt

join:2002-11-01
Saint-Laurent, QC

2 edits
Alright, so let's pretend one second that this is how things work. I buy the service for "up to 15 mbps", then I get 5, oooh, you're paying for "up to" 15 mbps and you get 5, you want more than 5, pay for the 25... Ridiculous!

It's bullshit... I'm getting 1/2 of 6; 3 mbps, or 4 mbit with horrible latency... And you're saying the reason is that Bell wants more $$$ to give me the 6mpbs I should be getting in the first place? I'm already paying for 6mbps ..... I need to pay for 15 mbps so I get what ... ? 6? 7? Then what if I want the 15, I have to pay for 25? 30? And then I'll get what, half, which is 12.5? It's really ridiculous. Really god damn ridiculous...

Again, Velcom and smaller ISP's customers are getting screwed in the butt. If Velcom sells 6 mbps, it probably pays for 6 mbps. If it pays for 6 mbps, it should get 6 mbps so that the customers who pay them for 6 mbps get 6 mbps, and not only half... "up to" is bullshit. Yeah sure it's "up to", it's up to Bell whether or not I can get 6 mbps, and they obviously don't want to take the steps so that customers of their resellers get the 6 mbps, because they want people to buy it directly from them.

It's really bullshit. I was with bell 2 times, until they added 25gigs limits and I had to look for another provider, this happened twice. Now this bullshit... *mad*

The FACTS

@videotron.ca
said by GirgleMirt:

It's bullshit...

"up to" is bullshit.

It's really bullshit.

Now this bullshit... *mad*

And this, my friends, are the FACTS of telecom in Canada.

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to GirgleMirt
Right now your internet is using ADSL, which is served from the central office AKA the CO, CO's are usually far from your house and because the length of the copper has to go a long distance your speed drops dramatically.

Any of the new tiers use either ADSL2 or VDSL2, these protocols are served from a remote and remotes are usually within 1 km at most from your house and because of this the speeds they support are much higher than what you can get from the central office.

The term "up to" is used by the broadband industry for residential internet because they do not provide any guarantee of service reliability or speed, so as long as you have a working connection and are able to access the internet they are providing you with service and legally their is nothing that you can do.

----

The new Bell 5/1Mbps speed profile is using the newer ADSL2 protocols and are being served from a remote.

Mirt

@rogers.com
reply to The FACTS
I'm surprised there's no classactuon lawsuit against them for that... If you bought eggs and got up to 12 eggs but only got 6, or got an 'up to 50%' off but when purchased and later learned you only got 30%, it wouldn't fly.

We all realize 3m internet is much shittier than 6, faster is better, and bell knows this because it sells fasterplans. So why the 6m bullshit... If it cant offer 6, sell what you can offer. It's really a rippoff. Customers pay the same for less...