uniqs
share rss forum feed

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA
reply to pflog

Re: [NFL] Superbowl - The Three Chokers.

The point is that a large sum of money was spent by MB for the naming rights. The marketing money comes from the top line which affects the bottom line. If corporations thought like you then no corporations would pay for naming rights because it won't affect their bottom line. Corporations are smarter than you and therefore shell the money out because they get a return on the investment. MB and the Superdome agree to display the logo a certain way on the outside of the stadium and on the inside of the stadium. The amount of money is in the millions. The logos inside and outside are supposed to represent the prestige and quality of the MB brand. It's foolish to think that the logo shown in the dark is something MB is glad about.
--
Save water...drink beer!
--
#occupytheworkplace
--
Obama...it's junior high school all over again!
--
Democrats don't mind raising taxes because democrats don't pay taxes.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
Even with the terrible tragedy of the power disruption I'm not switching my choice from the MB E63 to a BMW 5 or BMW 6 or Audi 8, or a Porsche Panamerica.

I guess that means I have to favor pflog's perspective on this call.
--
The signal is usually drowned out by the noise.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
Seeing the Mercedes logo in a browned-out stadium will not keep me from buying a Mercedes.

Of course, seeing their logo in a fully lit stadium won't nudge me into buying one, either.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
On the other hand, seeing the Mercedes logo won't stop me from buying another one. But it doesn't necessarily make me want to go out and get another one.
--
"You lie!" Talk about an understatement, Joe.