how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NextBigISP

@bell.ca

Looking to become a new ISP

Hello All,

I am looking to become a new internet service provider. It seems like a long and arduous process especially in regards to becoming a TPIA with Rogers.

Can someone please explain the major differences between becoming a DSLSP for Bell and a TPIA for Rogers?

Also what are the costs associated with creating a Transmission Facility?

Any help would really be appreciated!

NextBigISP

Shrug

@videotron.ca

Give me $250K and i'll consult you in the difference between DSL and Cable.

Since your ambition to be the next big white-label reseller, for $50K more I'll create a botnet for you to spam the forums about how great you are. This will attract attention to your next great big reselling company.

omasse

join:2004-12-21
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to NextBigISP

I was there in the early days and it was mostly a matter of acquiring a few modems, landlines, and a T1. Not anymore, and given you're asking this question here, Shrug isn't completely off the mark. There isn't a "Setting up a TPIA FAQ" available.

I think you'd be better off considering a TPIA reseller program such as the one offered by TekSavvy. Then it's a matter of being able to sell your service to prospective customers. You'll save yourself a lot of hurdles but I wouldn't expect such a venture to be extremely lucrative.

MJB

join:2012-01-29
reply to NextBigISP

Better invest in your own fiber lines.. like google fiber

Expand your moderator at work

coaxguy

join:2009-07-29
kudos:1
reply to NextBigISP

Re: Looking to become a new ISP

Why would you be starting a business you know nothing about?

I hope you didn't put "ask for tips on a Internet message forum", as part of a business plan you presented to a bank.

shrug

@videotron.ca
reply to NextBigISP

I forgot.
For only $25K, i'll hook you up with this guy:
»Beat them at their own game!

Consider it a finders fee.