Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Smith
Premium
join:2000-07-13
reply to kenaconlon

Re: [ALL] Cox Annual Speed Upgrade

Do you have a home Wi-Fi network with a dual-band wireless router connected? If so, do you have an iPhone 5 or an iPad 4? If you have those, I'm curious what kind of speeds your getting on the 5 Ghz band (using the SPEEDTEST.NET app).

I'm not able to test my iPhone or iPad with the new Ultimate speeds. Because, Cox in Henderson isn't able to provide Ultimate speeds at my apartment.

I would like to know how fast the download speeds are, on the Apple devices, with the new Ultimate speeds.

Dougshell

@cox.net

Hey i know this seems a bit silly, but can anyone tell me how to see how many channels i have bonded. I show channels 5,6,7,8 so is that safe to say that i am 8 channels down?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2

Yes.

jincuteguy

join:2003-10-12
San Diego, CA

Why they upgraded those speed to only some areas? but not Socal?

Smith
Premium
join:2000-07-13
reply to Smith

Update: I was wrong. It wasn't Cox's fault for the slow speeds, but the cheap ($500) HP laptop I was using. Sorry Cox!

Now, I'm getting over 190 Mbps download speeds with my new MacBook Air. And, over 90 Mbps with my iPhone 5.

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
reply to Dougshell

said by Dougshell :

Hey i know this seems a bit silly, but can anyone tell me how to see how many channels i have bonded. I show channels 5,6,7,8 so is that safe to say that i am 8 channels down?

that's only 4 channels not 8