spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RabuKon

@ecutel.net.ec

DI-624 all lights on.

Hi, My problem is about my router DI-615 , I was using my computer and it suddenly disconnected from the internet, It was like no ethernet cable was connected to the router, I checked my router and all LEDs were on (they were not blinking) , I tried resetting my router but It won't reset, I unplugged the power cable and plugged it again but it was the same thing and there's nothing else I can do. Can't even access the router IP to change settings, etc.

PamelaTS

join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
·Clear Wireless

A regular reset just may not be enough. I know it's drastic you may need to do a hard reset. Remove power, push and hold reset while repowering, continue to hold reset for 30-60 seconds then release. This will wipe out all settings and return it it to default.

BimmerE38FN

join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to RabuKon

Can you get to the routers UI and reupload the FW?
DO a factory reset from the routers web page if you can. Then reupload the FW from the web site. If you can get the FW to reload, try one more factory reset after it comes back.

Do all this with out the router being connected to the ISP modem or services.

Use IE or FF only, do not use Chrome!

What HW and FW version do you currently have?

RabuKon

@ecutel.net.ec
reply to PamelaTS

I already tried that It doesn't work, I guess it's dead, strange thing is that the same thing happened a week ago to my new router and then I switched back to my old one and it just died, what could be?

BimmerE38FN

Boise, ID
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to RabuKon

I would check the power adapters and power outlets to make sure nothing is wrong or power is to spec. Kind of sounds like the power adapters are burning out to soon. Maybe getting to much voltage on the wall out let?

I would check the ISP services as well and make sure the Phone lines or cable lines are in good working condition and filtered correctly. If you using cable and have tv services, make sure your only using one tv. line splitter if necessary. I recommend a dedicated cable line to the ISP modem. If the ISP modem is older, ask for a new one or buy your own. Most ISP allow for your own modem if they support it.

Replace al LAN cabling as well, CAT 6 is recommended now days. It's cheap and works well.

What was the newer router you had? I recommend a DIR series router.

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to RabuKon

If you have these things plugged into a power strip, replace that. I had one that was zapping out the power adapters on everything that was plugged into it that was causing the issues that you describe.

A power strip is only good for a few years but people don't pay much attention to them and end up using them far beyond that.
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

wintek
Premium
join:2011-02-07
Haughton, LA

said by Cthen:

A power strip is only good for a few years but people don't pay much attention to them and end up using them far beyond that.

If it's posted on the internet, it must be true!

BimmerE38FN

Boise, ID
reply to RabuKon

I think also based on the design and how the PS was built along with how the PS is used, heavy usage or light usage would dictate the life of a PS. I've use a few and been using them for over 8 years or more...nothing bad about them.