share rss forum feed

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

Rogers

Not all of the cable industry is..

Rogers here in Canada is still keeping with SpeedBoost. They like their customers seeing the right speeds (even for a few seconds) when their network is massively congested because they're too bloody cheap to do upgrades.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2

said by resa1983:

They like their customers seeing the right speeds (even for a few seconds) when their network is massively congested

But if the network is massively congested, you aren't going to see the "right speed" regardless of bursting.

Anzio

join:2008-11-22
Innisfil, ON

said by openbox9:

said by resa1983:

They like their customers seeing the right speeds (even for a few seconds) when their network is massively congested

But if the network is massively congested, you aren't going to see the "right speed" regardless of bursting.

Yeah. As much as I want to avoid defending Rogers, their network is pretty solid in most (if not all) areas and they are most certainly not sitting still. They've done quite a few upgrades in the last little while. In my area I can easily maintain my plans speed (bursting for about 25MB by 60Mbps or so).

Congestion would imply that SpeedBoost wouldn't even activate (since it can only use available bandwidth).

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com

Are you kidding me? If Rogers ever opened their wallet moths would fly out of it.