uniqs
share rss forum feed

djnrg787

join:2009-06-10
Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·Cogent Communica..

Expansion

I think its funny my dads house is connected to a active vrad 3 blocks away maybe 1000 ft with new wires and he wont qualify. Sounds like they are just adding existing users already able to get it to the green light list. I know they are going to start using vectoring to get up to 75mbps which will compete with unreliable flaky cable. Shielded coax may be "shielded" but how many times is it daisy chained together... every single house has a block in its yard. how much signal loss is that? Uverse has the advantage of having your very own existing working for decades pair of wires. I love my IPTV.

djnrg787

Saint Louis, MO
And in all honesty who really uses 100mb connections most households can survive very well on 6-12.

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3

1 recommendation

It depends on how you approach the World Wide Web of internet connected services. If you are working from home, uploading and downloading large amounts of HD video and HD image files, a 100 Mbps symmetrical connection might help. If you are doing collaborative work on large multiple CAD or video files, accessed through the WWW, you might find a 100Mbps symmetrical connection useful. These concepts are some of the the reasons LUS Fiber allows its subscribers to communicate with each other at 100Mbps symmetrical, no matter what lower speed internet package they subscribe to. It does not cost LUS Fiber anything more to allow its customers to use LUS's intranet at its maximum capability than it would to leave them operating on the intranet at the subscribed to speed. That concept has fostered interesting business start-ups and expansions within LUS Fiber's operating area. The really interesting part of the story has yet to be written. What happens if LUS figures out how to create a viable 1,000 Mbps(1Gbps) intranet? Or even faster? What new businesses might be created then?

c4junk
Premium
join:2004-05-08
Orlando, FL
reply to djnrg787
If you are checking online by your dads phone # or address and getting "not available" you might want to try and call ( local if you can find a #) and ask, I'm retired Bell and I had to call to get my U-verse- they did a line test then call and took my order.

djnrg787

Saint Louis, MO
reply to davidhoffman
Yah agreed there are some people out there that would benefit from that but most people i know that work from hom have head offices with 3-5 mb upload or just a T1, fiber is the way and should be built out more quickly. My data center is pricey lol

djnrg787

Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·Cogent Communica..
reply to c4junk
said by c4junk:

If you are checking online by your dads phone # or address and getting "not available" you might want to try and call ( local if you can find a #) and ask, I'm retired Bell and I had to call to get my U-verse- they did a line test then call and took my order.

I contacted ATT in the att direct forum and they couldnt give me a green light