me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO

1 recommendation

reply to Krisnatharok

Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt announced

TW2 is $10 for the steam midweek madness »store.steampowered.com/app/20920/

and TW1 is $5 »store.steampowered.com/app/20900/

I don't mean to try and hijack a thread, but I figured some people reading this may want to play the first two if they haven't already, and for $15 you can get both right now.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

That's really a steal, although I'd skip TW1 and just wikipedia the storyline. The combat was pretty bad in it.

TK421
Premium
join:2004-12-19
Canada

To each their own. I loved the first Witcher, great game, though the click-timing combat was enjoyable to me I agree it's not everyone's cup 'o tea. The easy combat system isn't necessarily a knock against it... some of us don't mind a really good story-telling rpg that's maybe a little less challenging in combat only. Witcher 1 has a hell of a good story to discover as you play, not read about in a wiki.

This news gives me something to to look forward to. I have plenty of faith in CDP-Red to deliver the goods.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to Krisnatharok

I agree, about the only thing I don't like about tw is the combat. Graned for the $2.50 I paid for it in the fall sale i'd say it was money well spent for how much fun I've gotten from it.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to me1212

Oh man so tempted to buy TW2, I went 3/4 into the first one until I could not take the combat anymore.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO

1 edit

Do it man. I have played both(well havent finished tw1 yet but you get what I'm saying) it is FAR worlds better in tw2. You use the mouse buttons to swing the sword kinda like a 3rd person skyrim only it works better. You use can set your witcher powers to q(I think, I don't remember for sure I think I put it on a different button) or use the number row at the top to fire them. Eventually you get a parry skill and if you spend the upgrades a counter skill.

TL;DR. Get it, the combat is drastically better in tw2. And if a KB+M isn't your style you can use a controller.

EDIT: forgot to mention when you buy ether witcher game on steam you get it for free on gog. Not just the game but all the extras. Guide sound track, art a comic. And for those who want it Triss' playboy shoot for tw2.

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
reply to Krisnatharok

Steam is running a 50% off sale on TW2 right now.

Hard to pass up.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to Krisnatharok

Screenshots are out.

»www.onlysp.com/2013/02/05/the-wi···=gallery

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to TigerLord

said by TigerLord:

Steam is running a 50% off sale on TW2 right now.

Hard to pass up.

I am getting my copy tonight.

So many games, so little time.
--

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO

Its also $10 on GOG.com now too, both are 50% off on steam and gog.com. Personally I'd get the gog one because no drm.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3

I'd get the steam one and then use the key that you got on gog for free, so you'll get both versions at the end.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

said by ekster:

I'd get the steam one and then use the key that you got on gog for free, so you'll get both versions at the end.

Oh man didn't know this. Thanks for the advice.
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3

»www.gog.com/witcher2/backup

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Krisnatharok

Screenshots: »www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-···r-quests
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO

Beautiful!