saynotofk
join:2012-12-14

saynotofk

WOW You HAVE to CHECK This EXPERIENCE Out------Not GOOD----

Signed up with Acanac for the Cable Internet 28MBPS
Turns out they charged me a year for 28MBPS
Only ever received 18.
The say the modem is compatible.
Make me run tests that an IT go would do.
Over and Over and Over.
Then I tell them maybe its the modem they say no.
They call Rogers come in to check my lines. They're perfect.
Then we run tests that an IT go would do. Again and again
Still always comes up as 18mbps.
So now they say its the modem, but want me to pay.
I wont pay because if its the modem they misled me into buying it.
After fighting with them over and over and explaining that over the years of being with Acanac I have over 5 modems that they always made me change when I upgraded my service. So their response was. Send us your last 2 modems (the most expensive ones, at my cost, and they will give me the new modem. I comply.
During this time they are asking for my credit card and we haven't renewed yet because they have not fixed the issue. So we continued on again.
Now they make me run tests that an IT go would do and still come up with only 18mbps. I ask them to please help and get this issue resolved.
Keep in mind every time I did the speedtest, every background application was terminated every program shut down no drop box. Directly connected to the computer via one cable, no voip. 1 Computer, 1 modem and 1 cable. Still only 18 mbps. so for the last few days I have been receiving emails that they will be suspending my account for non payment.
NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE.
I did inform them that 15 months of not getting 28 mbps, and working on this for 3 months doesn't privilege them at the moment to have my credit card number. They need to rectify the proble. Oops oh my, looks like Im in the driver seat now and billing cant pull the're regular antics of charging you whenever the heck they feel like it.
Again 2 more emails saying they have suspended my account.
I am giving Acanac one last opportunity to rectify this problem, if they continue the same game, thats unfortunate.
I'm willing to spend online the same amount of time that my service has not been working properly to explain to as many people as possible my experiences. I think if this goes the way it does as well, I may be starting a website that will cater to people having problems with Acanac. I'm just that guy
Now ive been on this forum before and know Acanac's bulling tatics and Damage control bs and very familiar with fergless and his posts to others. So away we go and lets see what happens.

People just to also be clear there is another tactic that is used to confuse the whole situation by changing the person you are corresponding with.
Here are the ones I've dealt with, during this situation.

Faneeza K
Glenna
Devora
billing@acanac
Anita
Marina
Melving
sales@acanac
colinb
jonathonm
Latisha W
Sonia K
Natasha P

These are the names that they have been revolving (gotta love those names). By the way Acanac my name is saynotofk.
Example just as I explain my situation to one person go through tests, etc etc, another person gets assigned and hasn't got a clue whats going on.

So, Acanac can you provide me with 28mbps so that I can update my account information and sign up for another year?
binarg
join:2013-02-03

binarg

I am on board, brother )

Here is my post:

»Help with Acanac's refusal to refund modem fee

and there are quite a few people with the same or similar issue as me.

At the moment, I am waiting my AmEx to get back to me regarding charge dispute; if it doesn't work, Small claims it is...

I want my money back, ALL of it not just for the modem...

Fergless
Premium Member
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON

Fergless to saynotofk

Premium Member

to saynotofk

Which Modem?

quote:
So, Acanac can you provide me with 28mbps so that I can update my account information and sign up for another year?
What Modem are you expecting to get 28Mbps with? Docsis2 or Docsis3?

Yes we do have more than 1 rep and that's what happens when multiple tickets are opened. It's not meant to confuse anyone.
Fergless

Fergless to binarg

Premium Member

to binarg

Re: WOW You HAVE to CHECK This EXPERIENCE Out------Not GOOD----

said by binarg:

I am on board, brother )

Here is my post:

At the moment, I am waiting my AmEx to get back to me regarding charge dispute; if it doesn't work, Small claims it is...

Didn't I ask if you wanted help with this on the Acanac Forum?
I'm pretty sure I did and you didn't reply.
saynotofk

saynotofk to Fergless

to Fergless

Re: Which Modem?

The modem I had was the Motorola SB 6120 that they said works with getting 28 Mbps
The new one they sent which looks much cheaper is the Huawei MT130U
So far neither get 28mbps
saynotofk

saynotofk to binarg

to binarg

No thank you, feels nice to have someone on your side

Fergless
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

Fergless to saynotofk

Premium Member

to saynotofk

Re: Which Modem?

said by saynotofk:

The modem I had was the Motorola SB 6120 that they said works with getting 28 Mbps
The new one they sent which looks much cheaper is the Huawei MT130U
So far neither get 28mbps

Strange... I have a SB6120 as well on 28Mbps and no problems, shouldn't be an issue with the Huawei either, I'm running of the Dupont POI from the looks of things on the map.
Where are you located, not Cogeco land?
saynotofk

saynotofk

Woodbridge Ontario

Fergless
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

Fergless

Premium Member

Can you put in a ticket with Cable Support?

Tks
hk2533
join:2013-02-12

hk2533

I have bad customer support service, even though I am many years of loyal acanac client, now try to change cable internet, encountered problem with OpenVPN username and password, activation of VOIP.

The support team said they will stop helping me with openVPN setup; asked me to go acanac forum, try that, then the forum asked me to fax or mail parent consent form -- this is insane because but I am middle age male. So, noway to regsitered to their forum unless I meet their red tape processes to request my parent signature while my parent is dead already.

I asked them to connect me with the management team to settle this issue, no reply and then the support team asked what is my request again? This is after I attached all the relevant old emails about opnvpn issues and still still asked me what is the issues

Another problem is with VOIP, they said I will get VOIP for 1 year free but nobody ever tell m by email, phone or letter mail what am I supposed to do to get the kickstart the process. Looking at their competitor (distributel), I found out about porting form, so I call acanac support team to ask where is the porting form? then they told me about online porting form that I could not find in their website. Then after another call with sales team, I found out that I need to fill up the order form for VOIP, need to submit my acanac invoice to completethe portig form, and then they follow u that I need to submit the Bell Canada invoice form. But initially, I was told I need to do nothing at all by the sales team -- they will take care of them and I do not need to call Bell Canada to cancel my phone. Then Acanac sales team also tell me that I also need to send email to terminate my dsl internet account to get refund of my unused dsl internet account

I asked is there a way to escalate the problem? they said send email to feedback@acanac.net; no way to contact any human management team -- they don't exist.

So, here is the end: No human to report complain, no support to help me with the openvpn because they said that they only deal with dsl and cable internet issues. and no instruction whatso ever about how to get VOIP processes start.

I realise that even though I live in Canada, when it comes to technical support and customer services, what you are getting is worst than third world service quality. I got the same similar bad customer services experiences with Bell Canada, Rogers, Royal Banks, TD Banks, Scotia Banks. They are behaving very badly, so now I decided to have minimal telecom and banking services, and I encouraged all viewers to rethink again if you want to signup any services offering from canadian companies, big and small, BUYER BEWARE!!

Fergless
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

Fergless

Premium Member

Forum Registration?

@hk2533
Can you PM me here and let me know what username etc. you would like to get on the Acanac Forum.
Username
Email Address
Password.
I will then register you on the forum.

You should be able to get all the info you need there on the forum.
hk2533

hk2533

How to send PM to you? I do not want to release the confidentail info on public forum.

Now the tech support do further damage. My OnlinepC who is working before, now is not working because the tech support without my consent change the password and DSA Private Key

Also, they send me 2 emails about registration form to register acanac forum; first email asked me to register because they claim that only acanac member can register. I did and I try to register with 3 different username and all rejected because it is already been used

second email actually registered me already using my gmail account and new password and asked me to clieck the verification weblink and give me the verification code if the weblink does not verify me automatically. Now the verification webpage told me that the verification code is incorrect.

There are so many unnecessary technical problems that appear repeatedly due to acanac tech support low competency level. this is the worst tech support team I ever dealth with since year 2000 among many canadian companies with bad support team.
saynotofk

saynotofk

still not getting 28 mbps
even with all the changes and requests they have made
i cant believe someone cant figure this out
is 15 months not long enough?
bridge
join:2008-08-11
Montreal, QC

bridge to hk2533

to hk2533

Re: Forum Registration?

You just have to click on his name and send an im there.

kcuf
@distributel.net

1 edit

kcuf to hk2533

Anon

to hk2533
this is saynotofk
here is my email

send to tenner27(at)hotmail.com

Fergless
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

Fergless to hk2533

Premium Member

to hk2533
I got your PM and replied.

Just a heads up for others, anyone can register on the Acanac Community Forum, it's not a private forum.

Forum Spammers are certainly aware of this.
Fergless

Fergless to saynotofk

Premium Member

to saynotofk

Slow Speeds SB6120 Modem

Can you PM me your Ticket# and your Cable Internet Account Information.?

Are you aware there is an Acanac Community Forum?
hk2533

hk2533 to Fergless

to Fergless

Re: Forum Registration?

Warning for other on Acanac registration from very disappointed acanac long time customers: it is complete disaster just to register for acanac forum, it is so much easier to register on dsl report forum. Their tech support is the worst among many bad canadian companies that I dealth with in the past.

I suggest for others to think many times over and read this forum before you handover your money to acanac. Maybe is still better to pay high fees to bell or or rogers compared to the amount of frustration and time wasted in dealing with the tech support team that is totally unprofessional.

Fergless
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

Fergless

Premium Member

quote:
Warning for other on Acanac registration from very disappointed acanac long time customers: it is complete disaster
It's actually quite simple folks.

Make sure you know what year your born as if you make a mistake, (some people do) then you will have to have your parents OK your registration.

Choose a username, one that's not already taken, and an email address.

How can that be hard?

Please reply to my PM and I'll register for you
hk2533

hk2533

That is not what happen to me, here is what they send me. Asked me for my parent consent and mail them back the print copy or fax them -- I faxed them, the fax number is never working -- incredible customer services indeed for simple registration.

Can you believe that? Then I receive another email from stupid acanac tech support to click the weblink and key in verification code -- it does not work either

then they claimed that to give me new email address to register -- after I gave them -- they require me to release to them the last 4 digits of my cerdit card number which this Fergless claimed is public forum and anyone can join!!

I wonder do we need to have a rocket scince degree to get this acanac account working? All my registration, openvpn, online pc, voip screw up badly....

Again folks, there are other ISP for you to consider before you part your money to acanac. Google acanac forum and see yourself how bad the review of this acanac has become.. total disaster. from very disappointed long time acanac customer

Fergless
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

2 edits

Fergless

Premium Member

quote:
That is not what happen to me, here is what they send me. Asked me for my parent consent and mail them back the print copy or fax them -- I faxed them, the fax number is never working -- incredible customer services indeed for simple registration.
That would happened as I said before, if you clicked on the wrong link for your age. Or you were in fact a young person.

To continue with the registration procedure please tell us when you were born.

Before 12 Feb 2000 :: On or after 12 Feb 2000
Fergless

2 edits

Fergless to hk2533

Premium Member

to hk2533
Your account is active Username hk2533 which you registered under.
quote:
Google acanac forum and see yourself how bad the review of this acanac has become..
Google anything and you will find it

»Suggestions for use of this forum
Expand your moderator at work
binarg
join:2013-02-03

binarg to Fergless

to Fergless

said by Fergless:

said by binarg:

I am on board, brother )

Here is my post:

Didn't I ask if you wanted help with this on the Acanac Forum?
I'm pretty sure I did and you didn't reply.

Sorry Fergless, as soon as I sort it out with AmEx I will give you a shout...

Although at this point, I'd prefer Small Claims...

With dash of the Media (Social and otherwise).

If I write realistically negative review about my long term experience with Acanac, will you still be willing to help?

Just rhetorical question
pawelluk
join:2008-02-24

pawelluk to saynotofk

to saynotofk
I just had a similar experience:

»Acanac Cable Internet - SERVICE ISSUES FOR 5 MONTHS

Let me know if you start that website...
saynotofk

saynotofk

Seems like my thread has been hijacked and lost in the shuffle. Still no 28mbps after 16 months
saynotofk

saynotofk

Well I could be wrong but after all the frustration and playing tech it guy for 4 months, still not getting 28 Mb. To top it all off seems like they cut my connection tonight. I'm not jumping the gun yet, but if this is true Acanac sure picked the wrong guy to do this to. I'll tell you why in days to come.
Cat got your tongue Fergless.

Fergless
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

Fergless

Premium Member

said by "saynotofk" :
Cat got your tongue Fergless.
No ... I have no idea what's going on with your account.
I do know there were cable outages recently, could be that I guess.

I would suggest you check with support for whatever issue you are having.

Thank you.
saynotofk

saynotofk

I'm gonna give that a shot. Thanks
saynotofk

saynotofk

Its confirmed Acanac after almost 5 months of not getting me 28mbps and after helping them with ever IT question in the book, has disconnected my connection. Now we can't fix the problem at all because of the disconnection. I have been with Acanac from 2007 I believe.

YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PERMANENTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!