share rss forum feed

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA
reply to ropeguru

Re: [Business] Way to deceive to us Comcast

said by ropeguru:

Looks like the cat is out of the bag and we were devceive not only by Comcast itself but by the "nice" folks here from Corporate that pretended to help.

pflog See Profile knows all fine and well what I am talking about.

Edit: Forgot the link.

»Cable Industry Retiring PowerBoost

"Cable operators appear to be slowly backing away from Comcast's PowerBoost technology now that they're offering speeds that make the technology irrelevant. "

I agree - speeds are more than sufficient now, the 10MB of PB speeds makes for cute speedtest results, and not much more.
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3

said by JohnInSJ:

I agree - speeds are more than sufficient now, the 10MB of PB speeds makes for cute speedtest results, and not much more.

I'm still wondering why they even bothered with capped powerboost if their plan was to eliminate it entirely, unless it was purely to test the water.

I am now wondering if the issues with capped powerboost on Cisco CMTS (this is still my working theory, but I haven't confirmed it) were part of the reason for eliminating it entirely or what. I guess we'll never know.

I need to dig up my original contract to see if mine mentioned powerboost.

*edit* And I think it's quite comical that for nearly 3 years I had "uncapped" powerboost (and now capped powerboost), yet EVERY time I have spoken to someone in business class or a tech who supports business (in person), they have all denied business class gets powerboost at all. *scratches head*

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
reply to JohnInSJ

As pflog See Profile replied, you are correct that the 10Mb os pb we get now is pretty irrelavant. But the 40+ we used to get worked out pretty good. It has only been since the upgraade from 22/5 to 27/7 did the PB amount drop and the upload PB go away completely.
THe plan listed on my original bill listed is as, "w/ powerboost" and they have changed the name of the plan at least 3 times since my contract was signed. In my opinion changing the plan even once from what it was listed as on my bill is a breach of contract. However, at the corporate lawyer level, I am sure they will say it is not because the plan option checked is some like, "other high speed plan" which does not pin any name or speed levels.

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

said by ropeguru:

THe plan listed on my original bill listed is as, "w/ powerboost" and they have changed the name of the plan at least 3 times since my contract was signed. In my opinion changing the plan even once from what it was listed as on my bill is a breach of contract.

If you act within 30 days of the change, you should be able to cancel without ETF. After 30 days you have accepted the new terms.
--
My place : »www.schettino.us