Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Dominokat

Re: I have an interview!

I was tagged team by three people in the interview. I don't interview well anyway because I get nervous, and to have three people interviewing made it worse. I did the best I could but I don't feel like I did well at all.
It will be about a week before I know one way or the other. They had one more interview, and then check references and a background check before they make a final decision.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

Well, you probably did a lot better than you think.

Having several folks involved in the interview is a bit unconventional (and unprofessional) to be sure.

Keep in mind though that was what other aspirants also had to deal with.
--
Deeds, not words

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to Dominokat

If you have a great reference, you might have them call to see if they can be of any help with questions they have. Just a thought. Another technique with a long wait, is to sent a thank you note, and let them know you are excited about this opportunity.

My daughter is on a job quest too. She's recently certified in Medical Billing. Its a growing area, but Michigan University where she did an externship, the lady said she would have hired Cassandra right away if they didn't have a hiring freeze at the moment.

Hoping the best for you!
--

Jim, VoIP 12/2002, VOIPo 2/2007
FAH-Tool~Pets~Artist-247

rusdi
American V
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to Dominokat

said by Dominokat:

I was tagged team by three people in the interview. I don't interview well anyway because I get nervous, and to have three people interviewing made it worse. I did the best I could but I don't feel like I did well at all.
It will be about a week before I know one way or the other. They had one more interview, and then check references and a background check before they make a final decision.

Don't worry!
This "tag teaming" is a technique I have used before. It's called, "a board" interview, and it's main goal is to determine how well you react under pressure, and believe me, you probably did better than you think!

I'll go out on a limb and say, CONGRATS!

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

Agreed.. My last interview had 5 people in it. Each asking questions in different areas. So it is certainly not uncommon.

I, like others, think you probably did a lot better than what you think you did.